reebok step or original???

I just wanted to say I started out with the "old" step -- I think it was purple and teal??? Anyway, it is not as big as the step she uses now and so I upgraded and got that new step and woa, did that make a difference....I think. I have been doing a lot of step workouts because it is much longer than my old one and I want to get used to the bigger one before the new workouts because I do seem to trip over it some times. I really like the new step vs. the old step and felt I got a better work out out of it. The only thing I see different with the steps is the size. I felt it was definately worth the money to get the newer/bigger one.
Hope this helps??

Hi Carrie! As strange as it sounds (since step has been around so long), I have never actually USED the Reebok step and therefore can't give you a fair answer. The only step I have ever used is the one I started with, which is The Step Company's step. I'm very pleased with this step. Try asking this question in Open Discussion. I'm sure you will find many who have used both steps to give you a comparison.

Take Care~ :)

>I just wanted to say I started out with the "old" step -- I
>think it was purple and teal??? Anyway, it is not as big as
>the step she uses now and so I upgraded and got that new step
>and woa, did that make a difference....I think.

You must be talking about the 'home size" step, as there is a 'club step" that is teal (with some purple or lilac or fushia--I have all three colors-- risers) that Cathe uses in earlier workouts, and that is exactly the same size as the black and grey club step Cathe uses now.

It's not really 'old' vs 'new,' but 'home version' vs. 'club version.'

I have heard that the Reebok step is a bit harder surface and a bit shorter (though not much) than "The Step".

I bought the reebok step first and was disappointed. It is hard as a rock, like doing step on cement. I stashed it away and bought the original step and love it. My knees and feet thanked me.

Susan

Hi

I started out with the Reebok step and used that for several years before changing to the Original Step. The Reebok step is a bit shorter so you notice a difference when going sideways over the step. I would say the Reebok step is also a bit quieter when you step on it. The Reebok step is fine in general and I wouldn't say it is worse to step on than the Original. However the Reebok step only goes up to 10ins and it is not very stable at this height, so if you haven't got a high step and you want to do leg presses etc off your ordinary step, the Reebok isn't great. For the same reason (and because it is shorter) it doesn't double up as well as a weight bench. I still keep my Reebok step and sometimes I use both steps e.g. in Imax-2 where I do most of the workout at 8ins but I can't do the straddle taps, so I move quickly across to the Reebok step for that. Also I take the Reebok step on holiday with me as it is a bit smaller and the risers take up less space in the car.

So overall I am happy I changed to the Original Step but it's not amazingly different and if you were short of cash it wouldn't be my priority to change.

Hope that helps
Ruth

The plastic isn't "softer", but there is something about the way it's made (maybe the way the risers fit) that it just doesn't feel as hard.
It's hard to put into words.

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.