RE: Power Hour

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Dear Cathe:

Can you clarify this a little bit more for me. Is this an aerobic workout as well as a weight workout with high repetitions and low weights? Will there be some aerobic type step or dancing in parts? I am also confused by what you said about the barbell. The base of my barbell is five feet long and weighs 18 pounds. When using a heavier weight I have always brought it up by adding weight plates (23lbs, 28lbs or 33 lbs). Are you saying I would probably need to use a lighter body bar or such to do the repetitions.

Rhonda

Hi Rhonda! This workout is strictly a muscular endurance workout. You will get your heart rate up throughout the workout but since we stop after each song to change our weight, the aerobic benefits are not continuous. There is no step aerobics or dancing of any kind in the workout.
Let me clarify my barbell comment. When I referred to using a 25 pound barbell, I meant loading a barbell with plates to add up to a total 25 pound total. Your barbell will be fine for the workout. A little tip for you though is that since your barbell already weighs 18 pounds, you may want to warm up with your barbell only (no plates) since we will be suggesting a warm up weight of 18 to 20 pounds. Hope this clarifies things.

Cathe

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.