Question for you Cathe

L Sass

Cathlete
Hi Cathe. I hope this holiday season finds you well with some time for yourself.

I have a rather odd question. After a terrible summer of eating I decided I really had to get serious to prep for STS. So last October I joined a gym and retained the services of a personal trainer, who is, ohmigosh OUTSTANDING. I never dreamed that working with a good PT could be so demanding and so rewarding. I also never believed that this concept of "starvation mode" could apply to me, but after looking at my food journal and the amount of time I was working out, she said I was not getting nearly enough food. We also tweaked my diet (bye-bye peanut butter - hello almond butter, and added things like ionic minerals.) Long story short I have learned, learned, learned, and the results are amazing.

But my trainer knows about STS. I've told her when it comes my plan is to do a full rotation of STS and then return to her for another 3 mos to see where I can be by summer. Since starting with her in Oct, my 1RM's have drastically increased. So my very long winded question for you is this. When STS comes and I start into meso1, endurance, will I be going backwards by not lifting as heavy and in the same style as I have with my PT? Or will the 1-month lighter weights cycle be a good change for my muscles? I know you cannot speak to every situation, but if you have any thoughts I'd appreciate hearing them. Thanks so much, and here's sending you a blessed, warm, fun holiday season. :D

Hi Lorrie! Thank you for the holiday card. That was so thoughtful of you. I wish you and your family a very special holiday too.

That is great that you hired a personal trainer. You sound inspired and motivated in addition to learning lots of valuable info. Btw, I love almond butter. I eat that a lot.

You will be perfectly fine doing STS as is without any worries about going backwards. As a matter of fact after training with heavier weight for a while, it is very beneficial and even recommended that you go back to lighter weights for a bit so that your body can actively rejuvinate and recover through the use of different energy cycles. Then when you go back to your heavier weights you will likely find you are even stronger than your last heavy session.

Good luck to you and keep me posted on your progress. Take care!

Hi Cathe. I hope this holiday season finds you well with some time for yourself.

I have a rather odd question. After a terrible summer of eating I decided I really had to get serious to prep for STS. So last October I joined a gym and retained the services of a personal trainer, who is, ohmigosh OUTSTANDING. I never dreamed that working with a good PT could be so demanding and so rewarding. I also never believed that this concept of "starvation mode" could apply to me, but after looking at my food journal and the amount of time I was working out, she said I was not getting nearly enough food. We also tweaked my diet (bye-bye peanut butter - hello almond butter, and added things like ionic minerals.) Long story short I have learned, learned, learned, and the results are amazing.

But my trainer knows about STS. I've told her when it comes my plan is to do a full rotation of STS and then return to her for another 3 mos to see where I can be by summer. Since starting with her in Oct, my 1RM's have drastically increased. So my very long winded question for you is this. When STS comes and I start into meso1, endurance, will I be going backwards by not lifting as heavy and in the same style as I have with my PT? Or will the 1-month lighter weights cycle be a good change for my muscles? I know you cannot speak to every situation, but if you have any thoughts I'd appreciate hearing them. Thanks so much, and here's sending you a blessed, warm, fun holiday season. :D

How cool -- thanks for that info Cathe! My plan is actually to go another 3 mos with my PT after a full STS rotation. She keeps records of my progress so it will be interesting to see what I can do after STS with her. Guess that means I should be pretty fit by Summer '09. Thank you again for all you've done and continue to do. Merry Christmas! <<<hugs>>>

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.