Question regarding diets

DiDi

I am looking for suggestions on a book to purchase with good meal plans to lose weight. I am having such a hard time taking off the last 10 pounds!

I have Denise Austin's book "Lose Those Last 10 Pounds." I wasn't particularly impressed with it. It's basically the same thing everybody's heard a thousand times... eat more fiber, more quality protein, less fat... but she also says you must "fidget-cise" which is basically moving around and fidgeting all day. This is supposed to burn more calories. (I love the section where she shows you moves you can do at your desk t work- I work in a call center where dozens of people can see everything I do! Hah!)

I have heard of some people having success with Dr. Mirkin's 20/30 low-fat/high-fiber plan. I'm currently on it, but I haven't seen any loss simply due to the fact that I have been a lazy bum and got out of the habit of exercising. (Shame on me!)

I have lost about 5 lbs. in the last month on WW's. I LOVE their plan. It teaches you to eat healthy, but you can also have a few treats, and still stay on program. I followed Body For Life for a year. The whole time I saw the scale go up, plus the workouts made me blocky-looking. But, thanks to Cathe, and WW's, I am now on the road to success!!!!
Lori S.

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-23-01 AT 05:47AM (Est)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-23-01 AT 05:47 AM (Est)[/font]

http://plaudersmilies.de/xmas/engel2.gif I second Weight Watchers....I bought the WW At Home set, and it's great. I don't feel the need to go to the meetings because I'm can monitor myself just fine. It cost about $100.00 but it's worth it. What is great about this plan is that it teaches you to eat right, PLUS you can live with it long term even after you hit a weight you're happy with.

The main thing I liked about BFL was the suggestion of eating frequently and the Myolex (I use the Lite) shakes. I carry them with me along with a little Rubbermaid water jug so I always have something when I get unexpectedly hungry. As for his weight plan, I think it's too boring, and I don't buy his notion that 3 sessions of 20 minutes of cardio is enough. It ain't for me anyway. http://plaudersmilies.de/xmas/engel1.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.