Question on filming of new workouts

kathryn

Cathlete
Cathe,
While anxiously awaiting the arrival of my DVDs (including the "Terminator"--what have I gotten myself in to?), I began to think about the new workouts, and wondered how they were filmed.

How long did you and the gang rehearse (and how often) before taping.

As for the taping itself, as I recall, didn't you do all of them in two days? Or was it three? And what order did you do them in? (I'm going to keep my eyes peeled to see if I notice any fatigue in the last workouts!) I'm just amazed that people can do 6 intense workouts in the space of 2 or 3 days (even a week might do me in!).

Hi Kathryn! We usually rehearse anywhere from three weeks to a month before filming. How often and how long always varies based on the crew's schedules but roughly around three to four times per week at two to three hours per rehearsal (the days and hours increase the week before filming if needed). We planned on filming 3 days with a fourth day devoted to special effects, pictures and opening speeches, but since things were going so smoothly we decided to take a portion of the picture day and do a video on that day. I do not remember the exact order but I do remember that Muscle Endurance was first and Boot Camp was last. It is a lot of work, but so very much fun, at least that's what we say when it is all over ;) Enjoy your DVD's. Not much longer now.

Thanks!
Sounds like an intense preparation! Hope you take some well-deserved rest afterwards! I'll be looking for signs of fatigue (though you guys never show it) on boot camp!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.