Question for Cathe or SNM

Stebby

Cathlete
I've noticed with this new version of the forum that I can't format text into paragraphs. That is, even if I try to leave blank lines between paragraphs when I type my post, the blank lines don't show up and the whole post is smushed together. It makes readability difficult. I notice this not only with my own posts, but with everyone else's as well; sometimes you get very large topics squshed into one single block of text. Is there something wrong with my settings that is causing me to see the posts this way, or is it something about the forum itself? If there is anything I can change about what I am doing please let me know.

Thanks.

RE: Hey Stebby!

Hi, Debbie. Yes, I have tried hitting the "enter" key, and while it shows up fine in the entry screen, it gets stripped out once the message is posted. So I will hit "enter" here...
and here...
but I bet it will all show up all squished in after it's posted.

By the way, your post shows up all squished together with no spaces when I read it -- is it the same for you?
Thanks, Stebby

Hmmm?

No, neither your post nor my post are "squished" together. Your post is on separate lines where you hit enter. Must be something more with your end. Maybe, SNM/Chris can jump in here and help you. It looks fine on my end. Good Luck!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Aha!! I am on Windows 98, on a PC. I was using Netscape, but I downloaded Internet Explorer and I see that works fine. Mystery solved. I'm finding more and more reasons not to use Netscape -- I think I will just use it for e-mail now. Thanks for your help.

I just posted my first message and had the same problem when I previewed the post. Clicking the message format plain text option above the subject line corrected the problem, but turned my text blue.

Jennifer

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.