Question for Cathe regarding, Aerobic Instructor Training...

JerseyCurl

Cathlete
Dear Cathe,
Hi, I think you are the greatest instructor ever. I enjoy your tapes and your style so much that you have inspired me to learn to teach as well. I am starting for square one, what do I need to learn and where do I go to to become at least as half as great as you??? Thanks. }(

Hi,

I'm not Cathe, but I have been an instructor for over ten years and I found a web site that may help you get started. I was going to the gym about five nights a week to get over a divorce and I was going so much the instructors said you might as well get certified and teach...haha If you feel like you have a good hear for the music, which helps with counting, breaking down the routines and keeping everyone on the beat, well that helps. And you obviously love exercising because you're into Cathe...you'll do great. Hope this site helps you. and Good luck!!!

http://www.ehow.com/how_5759_become-aerobics-instructor.html

Does Cathe not answer posts on this board?? I am new to this board so I just wondering because Cathe has not responded to my post. :(

Cathe does not have the time to respond to all posts in this forum. We have a lot of informative and helpful members that will chime in from time to time to not only help out our members but Cathe as well ;)

Hi Jersey Curl (very cute)!

I'm here just not as often as I would like to be. You have gotten great info and in addition to that you may want to check out our links page. Once there, scroll down to this section and click into them for more info:

ACE is the largest not-for-profit fitness-certifying organization in the world, having administered its exams to more than 100,000 people in 68 countries.

IDEA is the world's leading membership organization of health and fitness professionals. IDEA has provided health and fitness professionals with pertinent information, educational opportunities, career development programs and industry leadership while helping them enhance the quality of life through participation in safe, healthy and effective fitness.

IHRSA The International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA) is a not-for-profit trade association representing health & fitness facilities, gyms, spas, sports clubs and suppliers worldwide. The Mission of IHRSA is to grow, protect and promote the industry, and to provide its members with benefits that will help them be more successful.

AFPA With over 55 faculty members and representatives throughout the United States, and Internationally, AFPA is the driving force behind Fitness Professionals seeking educational credibility in their leadership role":

AFAA certifies exercise instructors and personal trainers for health clubs, studios, & gyms.

The Cooper Institute For Aerobics Research The Cooper Institute is dedicated to advancing the understanding of the relationship between living habits and health and to providing leadership in implementing these concepts to enhance the physical and emotional well-being of individuals.

Reebok The official site of Reebok. Contains information on all their products including their Cycle Reebok program.
The Step Company The company that introduced step aerobics to the world. They also manufacture the step that we use in our videos and have just launched their new "Body Pump" program.

Body Pump BodyPUMP is designed to work your whole body using barbells with adjustable weights to highly motivating music. Beginning with a general warm-up, participants are led through a series of exercises including squats, presses, lifts, and curls.

>Hi Jersey Curl (very cute)!
>
>I'm here just not as often as I would like to be. You have
>gotten great info and in addition to that you may want to
>check out our links page. Once there, scroll down to this
>section and click into them for more info:
>
>ACE is the largest not-for-profit fitness-certifying
>organization in the world, having administered its exams to
>more than 100,000 people in 68 countries.
>
>IDEA is the world's leading membership organization of health
>and fitness professionals. IDEA has provided health and
>fitness professionals with pertinent information, educational
>opportunities, career development programs and industry
>leadership while helping them enhance the quality of life
>through participation in safe, healthy and effective fitness.
>
>IHRSA The International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub
>Association (IHRSA) is a not-for-profit trade association
>representing health & fitness facilities, gyms, spas, sports
>clubs and suppliers worldwide. The Mission of IHRSA is to
>grow, protect and promote the industry, and to provide its
>members with benefits that will help them be more successful.
>
>AFPA With over 55 faculty members and representatives
>throughout the United States, and Internationally, AFPA is the
>driving force behind Fitness Professionals seeking educational
>credibility in their leadership role":
>
>AFAA certifies exercise instructors and personal trainers for
>health clubs, studios, & gyms.
>
>The Cooper Institute For Aerobics Research The Cooper
>Institute is dedicated to advancing the understanding of the
>relationship between living habits and health and to providing
>leadership in implementing these concepts to enhance the
>physical and emotional well-being of individuals.
>
>Reebok The official site of Reebok. Contains information on
>all their products including their Cycle Reebok program.
>The Step Company The company that introduced step aerobics to
>the world. They also manufacture the step that we use in our
>videos and have just launched their new "Body Pump" program.
>
>Body Pump BodyPUMP is designed to work your whole body using
>barbells with adjustable weights to highly motivating music.
>Beginning with a general warm-up, participants are led through
>a series of exercises including squats, presses, lifts, and
>curls.
> Dear Cathe,
Thanks, my hubby named me that because I am a Jersey Girl with mucho curls and my hubby looooves my curls! Also, my avatar pic is of my furry babies (Adam and Elina), they are brother (brown tiger tabby) and sister(grey panther tabby). They will be 1 year old on August 14th.
First off, you are great! Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to personally answer my question. Thanks the info. I had an idea which may or may not be real because of your hectic schedule but have you ever considered producing a series of instructor training dvd's ? Basically, in video form explaining how you go about creating those great routines and how you make cueing and transitions so flawless, etc. Gay Gasper, Candace Copeland and Tamilee Webb have each done some but they are not you and your tapes would be sooo great! What do you think?}(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.