Question on B&G Abs

acatalina

Cathlete
I was doing B&G abs, which i really like.
My question is the ball excange from legs to hands. My hips click.Should i modify these? Doesn't really hurt, but i can hear and feel it.
Also BM2 abs rock...

Thanks for your time.

I'm glad you asked this question! My left hip clicks on long lever ab exercises like the ball exchange or bicycles. It almost feels like the hip ball & joint are slipping in & out of place. Does that make sense? It doesn't hurt me either but the sound and feel can be annoying and sometimes I'm more achy there. I have found that if I really squeeze the ball hard between my feet or turn my left foot outward, the clicking will stop. I too wonder about modifying but I'd also like to know what is causing this and why.

I hope Cathe has a chance to respond as I truly value her input.

JJ

Hi Anne! Even though the click doesn't hurt, I would consider trying the modified version since it is still very challenging.

Instead of reaching long lever with arms and legs, place the ball between bent knees and crunch up with your upper body to get it. As your arms take the ball and extend back over your head, lower your bent legs toward the ground until your toes touch. Now bring your bent knees back toward your chest, and at the same time, bring the ball up with your arms and place the ball in between your shins/knees. Lower the ball until your toes touch, and at the same time, lower your arms back just as before except without a ball this time.

Hope this helps!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.