Question about your creative process, Cathe

momincharge

Cathlete
You are probably bogged down with questions about the new series but I thought I'd take a chance and ask away.

I am just curious to know how you go about brainstorming for your new tapes. Read where you were motivated to devise these new workouts because you wanted to shake up your own workouts and your members were open to going along with you. So, do you try your ideas out in your classes, or do you bring things together on your own and work the bugs out with your classes? I have often worked on something at home then taken it to the ladies in my class and it just didn't seem to work as well as it did in the living room when I was doing it by myself. Do you have a core set of clients that you are comfortable enough to test drive things on ? Hope you don't mind sharing a little info on your process. Can't wait to get your new series on DVD. Your tapes are the only ones I keep buying. I know I will never be disappointed in spending the $ on one of your workouts! Thanks for a quality product!

Hi Momincharge! It's actually a little of both. Sometimes I just bring a wild idea to the table and test it out in class, other times we just have fun in class and something creative happens spontaneously and I write it down after class, etc. The morning regulars are so very good about being "video testers" because it opens them up to new challenges too. Oh and yes, I too have had those moments where it worked so well at home but flopped in class. We all have a good laugh on those days :)!

Appreciate the quick response. Can't imagine anything you do flopping. Wish your club was not so far away... I am sure I would be a morning regular!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.