Question about weight differences in the intensity series

audreygayle

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

I bought the 4-set DVD's of the intensity series. I absolutely LOVE the Pyramid workouts. They are terrific. :) I'm getting a great workout and enjoying it too.

I'm currently doing a rotation that does PUB and PUB 2x a week. When I finish this cycle, Ive thought about trying the rest of the intensity workouts that I have.

I'm a bit confused on what type of weights to select for ME, BC or C&W. Do I want to go with the weight used for the lowest weight on the pyramids or the middle weight. (I'm guessing that I wouldn't be going with the heaviest.) and would that be the same for all three tapes, or is there a different focus with each.

Thanks for any help on this.

~Audrey

Hi Audrey! Glad you like the workouts. For ME and BC, you want to find a weight that allows you to do high reps with a challenge. The weight will vary with every body part and exercise. For C&W, you will want lighter weights for the compound exercises right after the cardio (say 5 or 8 pound hand weights), then after the compound exercise you will need a heavier weight to do the exercise for the upper body.

Good Luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.