Question about IMAX

Hey Cathe, I have a dilemma and I hope you can give me some advice about it. OK, here's the question. My workout schedule looks like this: MON: BodyMax, TUES: StepWorks, WED: I teach Urban Rebounding and BodyPump, THURS: Step Heat or MSB or CK, FRI: one of the tapes I didn't do on Thurs. SAT: MIS, SUN: REST. So here's the problem, I heard that you shouldn't do interval work one day, and then weights the next. Or vice versa. Is this true? I wanted to put in IMAX on Thrus or Fri, but sine I do weights on Mon, Wed, and Sat, there does seem to be a right time if this is true. My main focus is to build muscle. Yes, I do want to lose bodyfat too, but most of my focus is on muscle building. So is there a right time to do IMAX with the way my schedule is? Or will I have to wait until another rotation? Thanks in advance!!

Aimee

Hi Aimee! I never heard of not doing an interval workout the day before(or after)a weight workout. If you don't mind my asking, I'm curious as to where you heard this information(the source) and what the reasoning was:-hmmm? I can't say that I agree with this but I would definitely be interested in hearing the reasoning behind it.

But in any case, if you are not comfortable with the idea of doing interval workouts and weight workouts on consecutive days, AND are looking to focus on muscle building, then I would suggest putting a cardio workout that also emphasises muscular endurance in place of intervals(perhaps circuit max or cardio kicks):)!

RE: Hi Cathe!!!

I heard it from a friend who is an ameture bodybuilder. I think it was more for the before part that she was referring to. She said that with the amout of (looking for the right word here) shall we say, stress that you need for intervals, that doing this and then weights, you can't go as heavy, because the muscles aren't fully recuperated. I did running intervals on Sun. and when I did BMax on Mon, I found this to be true(of course it could've been my mindset from what I had heard too.) But when you lift on one day and then do intervals the next(haven't tried this yet) I was told the same holds true for the same reason. Are her facts mixed up? I would love to do IMAX tomorrow!! So it is ok, then? BTW, I do have CMax and CK, I must say I love them both!

Hi Aimee,

Before I was preg I had IMAX or IMoves in my weekly rotation and it always came before a weight workout. There were some days I felt a little tired and others I had energy to spare, so maybe you were just having a low energy day when you said you felt more fatigued.

Andrea

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.