Question about doing only one body part a day and S&H rotation

sancho

Cathlete
Cathe,

I'm planning to do my first S&H rotation in the next month. I'm considering doing one body part per day(about 30 minutes) and cardio everyday (30 minutes). In the past, I have alternated one day cardio (one hour) and a one day weight work (one hour). I'm hoping that the cardio each day (rather than alternate days) will help lower my bodyfat but I will continue to gain muscle strength, definition and hopefully a little mass with the S&H. Does that sound like a good idea? Will I get enough strength work if I am doing each body part only once a week?

If anyone knows a rotation that is like this, I'd love the link. I tried to search but didn't see anything.

Thanks so much for your time!

I'd be interested in Cathe's answer to this. I was considering a CTX rotation where I would use the cardios from CTX, but do the body part from S&H instead of CTX. I'd be interested in her comments to you.

Not cathe here - but I can talk to you about my personal results.

I've done a S&H rotation with CTX and got great results. I did they same tapes as you but just a different order. I did S&H 3 times a week (so like you each body part once a week) for my cardio I did CTX. I actually then "discovered" Imax and did that for cardio (1-2 days a week) with a combination of ctx cardio and/or kickbox.

Enjoy! Sure you will get great results!

I'm interested in this question as well.
Cathe, did I read correctly that you will teach a Body Pump class, or a cardio and then work one body part a day? And how long do you work the body part?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.