Question about circuit workouts

Tallchick

Cathlete
I am wondering about the circuit workouts and how to do them in my schedule. I workout the upper body one day and the lower body the next day along with aerobics. I use heavy weights to get the most toning. About circuit workouts---can one use them in the rotation and just use lighter weights when it is the off day for that body section? For example---when it is my lower body heavy weight day and not my upper, can I do a circuit workout and use light weights for the upper and not disturb what I am doing with my upper body? I would also do a heavy weight workout along with the circuit for my lower body and then to heavy weights for the upper body the next day. I workout 5 to 6 days a week. Thank you!

Good Morning!

I know there are some circuit rotations at the rotations link and have used them that way. But I also use them the way you described: in a heavy weights rotation but going easy on the body part I did the day before.

They help me get back in the swing of things after I've had some interruption in my regular rotations for travel or house guests (they sleep in my work out area!). I'm a very regular exerciser, but if I feel I've gotten off track, doing a circuit makes me confident that my endurance, strength and heart are back in the game.

My teen DDs love circuits because they say they are never boring! I don't think any good workout is boring but I'm beyond the teen years by a few miles.

Enjoy the circuits!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.