Question about biceps in PS

Lisa_B

I have a question. I was doing the bicep and back tape from PS today and I noticed that during the bicep curls I really started to feel it in my fore arms. I felt it more there than in my biceps. What am I doing wrong? I don't think I have ever felt bicep work in my lower arms so much. Is this a grip problem maybe? I went lighter on the weights and it still didn't help.

Hi Lisa! You will use forearms when you do bicep work, so it is not to say that you are doing anything wrong. Some grips seem to put more of a "burn" in the forearms too. Did you go lighter within the same workout or on your next workout? I know some days my forearms feel especially sensitive and once that happenes regardless of how much I lighten the weight that day, they get sore immediately. Also, hammer curls and curls which involve a rotation at the top get to my forearms quickly.

Next workout try starting out a little lighter and gradually increase your weight. Also, try changing the order of the exercises. That may be all it takes. Good Luck!

Cathe, Thanks for the response. I do feel it in my biceps today. They are that good kind of sore, so I guess I did it correctly. BTW-I am new to your tapes. Having a hard time with the step ones, but I really like this PS series. BTW-you are a little powerhouse! When you did the tricep dips with the barbell, I was like WHOA!

Can I ask how tall you are?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.