pure strength tapes

runner

i am all done with MIS for a while. i am the runner who logs 50-60 miles per week. i was doing MIS two days a week. now i want to switch off to pure strength for a month. how many times a week do i need to do each tape? i usually do an 8-10 mile run in the a.m. and then lift weights at night. i never do speed work and weight train on the same day. thanks for all of your help. keep up the good work everyone. you are all very inspiring to me.

Hello fellow runner!

I too enjoy running as my primary cardio. I discovered Cathe and her Pure Strength series while training for my first marathon two years ago. They basically transformed my body from a very gaunt looking runner to a stronger more balance athlete. My husband who had not run for more that ten years due to knee problems has rehabilitated his knees with the PS Leg tape. He is running again, pain free. And we have both added a good deal of much needed muscle. We both do the PS series each tape once a week. I have also added Spinning to my mix ( kicks my butt- would rather do a ten mile long run) and either a Kickboxing class or Cathe's Interval max tape. Hope this gives you an idea of ways you could enhance your running program. Good luck! Deb

Hey runner, I used to have the pure strength tapes. They are quite challenging and should provide you with some excellent workouts. Try doing upper body 2X's per week and leg work once.
Then the following week, do legs 2X's per week and upper body once. If you don't like that rotation, I am sure you will find one that benefits you the most.
When you run at night do you wear reflective gear?

hey mom!! really funny. i will swap MIS with ya. no, i don't wear reflective gear but should now with fall arriving.

thanks for the advice. no other cardio workout compares to running hills or speed workouts. today i did an 8 mile run with some hills (mountains). then i did pure strength legs (ouch). i think i will take your advice and just do each tape once a week. that is so great that your husband can run again. strong quads mean less knee stress. i work for two excellent orthopedic surgeons. well, happy running!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.