PS and MIS

busymom

Hi Cathe
I would like to know if I can use PS series and MIS on non-consecutive days or would it be overtraining?I would like your opinion on this article that I've read which discourages aerobic activity and tells people just to weight train 3x a week with 48 hrs rest and do not do any aerobic activity on rest days because it will get in the way for your body to build muscles,it is written by Ellington Darden,phd.Any info would be appreciated!

REALLY???

Sorry, don't know what else to say. I hadn't heard that!! Is it true? I love my cardio!! I do it 6-7 days a week!!

I hope so!!

I want to get more muscle, but I DON'T (or is it won't) give up my cardio
happy.gif
!! Ugghh!! I can feel my heart slowing and my lungs shrinking and my fat cells expanding now
wink.gif
!

I just read his book called Body Defining

His book is geared towards women. He is a proponent of a weight lifting technique called Super Slow where you take 10 seconds to lift the weight five seconds to lower it. He says your core muscles are working aerobically during super slow????? He says that aerobic training (dancing, running, swimming) do not contribute to the fat loss process because too much repetitive activity prevents maximum muscle builing by using up your muscle recovery ability. Also too much activity when you are on a reduced calorie diet causes you to get the blahs and lose your enthuasium. His meal plan calls for 2 weeks at 1200 cal, 2 weeks at 1100 then 2 weeks at 1000 calories. His advise goes against everything I have ever read and he uses a lot of generalities without alot of scientific backup.

Doesn't sound too healthy to me

I haven't read the book but I don't think I care to either. His diet advice sounds a little like starvation to me. I like to exercise and weight train so I am fit and energetic not blah because I haven't eaten enough.

Just my thoughts on this.

Lynn

weight training

If you would like to combine PS and MIS, a nice combo is:

PS Back/bi/abs.....Monday

PS Legs/abs........Tuesday

Non weight day.....Wednesday

PS Chest/Shoulder/Tri...Thursday

Non weight day........Friday

MIS.................Saturday

Non weight day......Sunday

Just a suggestion
wink.gif
!

Oops, forgot....

about that article.....I have not read it and therefore cannot give any fair feedback, BUT I'm never in favor of anything that promotes that "one way is the only way".

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.