PS Legs and Knee Pain

RBurke

Hi.
I just got the PS series. I did the Legs and Abs the other night after doing the Sep Fit video. So, I guess I worked out for two hours. I felt fine until I started doing lunges. My knees hurt when I do them. They stay sore the next day. I am using proper form I believe and I've never had knee problems. I did the tape on Thursday. They feel fine today (Saturday). I also do well with static lunges. Can you offer any advice on this problem? I like doing lunges because they really work so many parts of the legs. Is there some kind of substitution I could do instead?
Thanks,

Hi! Wow, those two workouts back to back would be considered a lot of stress on the knees. By the time you got to the lunges your legs were probably starting to give out on fuel and strength. This can keep you from using good form and thus lead to injury.

If at all possible, I think you would benefit by spacing these two workouts out a bit. If that is the only day that you have, could you possibly do one in the "am" and one in the "pm"? Just by doing that you may notice your knee pain disappear. If not, then a modification for a front or back lunge would be a static lunge. Since these are causing you no pain, stick with them. Good Luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.