Prep for Pregnancy??

LuvCardio

Cathlete
Cathe
Wondering if you can give any good advice on workouts for preparing for pregnancy? Since you have a house of kids and a perfect bod I thought you might be able to provide a few suggestions....

My DH and I are going to start trying to get pregnant in the spring :-jumpy

I have a 2 year old and gained a TON Of weight with him. I was on bed rest and had lots of problems at the end of the pregnancy. I have been a yo-yo dieter for years. I did Body for Life only to gain it all back... the lack of carbs didn't work well for me. I have now lost almost 30 lbs since last fall due to clean healthy eating and YOUR WORKOUTS!!!!!!

I am trying to lose as much weight as I can before I get pregnant. I want to be in the best possible shape my fat bod can when I get pregnant in hopes of not gaining as much with this one. I am only 5'3" and tend to carry most my weight in my belly and the lower part. My body type is a lot like Cedie's use to be. (I only dream of looking like she does now:))

Do you have any good ideas on rotations with the new videos and old? I have almost all your vids except the wedding video and couple of the REALLY old ones. I have had good success with S&H and have had great results by cutting down cardio to only 4 days a week.

Any help you can be will be soooooooooooooooooooo much appreciated!

p.s. You are my absolute favorite workout instructer of all time. YOu have changed my workout life and provided me with the motivation to get up each and every morning... and the faith that I too can be in excellent shape someday:) I appreciate your hard work and dedication to your fans! You are truly a blessing in a busy mom's life:)

-LuvCardio http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/sport/sport001.gif If Only I Can Be 1/2 the Woman my Dog Thinks I am!

We're thinking about trying for our second baby this summer. My son is 9 months old.
So, I gotta bump this one!!

RE: bumping

I need to bump this one to.As far as I know , when we get back from our vacation in MAy we are going to try to have a baby.I am having a hard time making up my mind though.I already have a daughter.I had her when I was only 17, now she is 7 and I am use to having my freedom again. I don't want to much of an age gap between children but I think it may already be to late for that now
Lori

Lori, my kids are 7 years apart and I think it's a great age gap. My older son was a terrific help with the younger, and now they're great friends, even though their age difference is so great. My husband is seven years younger than his older brother and seven years older than his younger brother, and they're also close.

Jenne

Jenne,
I think she is going to be a wonderful help.But I am not pregnat yet and it could take a couple of years.Imagine by the time she will be in high school, the baby would just be going to kindergarten...yikes.And I will still be young.There are so many things to consider.I am sure we will have another one.
I felt so bad for her christmas time.Even though she doesn't know any different I feel as if she should have someone there with her.I think they will be close when they get older but they probably wouldn't be growing up.I wasn't close to my sister and brothers growing up and now we are really close.
It's like raising two seperate families.I'm sure everything will work out fine :)
Lori

I did the CTX series to prepare for pregnancy and I definitely went into my pregnancy in very good shape and well toned. I started the CTX series in August (2000), got pregnant in November (2000) and stopped doing the series in mid-Dec (2000) as the cardio portion of the cross-trainers was too much for me during my first trimester.

I find that the CTX series helps me to focus on both cardio and weights and they also help to keep me consistent. I always use the CTX series to get myself in shape and back on track.

good luck!

Post on FitMoms?

Hi LuvCardio! I justed wanted to suggest that you post this on the Fitmoms pregnancy forum too. Cathe checks that as does Sheila Watkins and some of her other certified perinatal instructors. You should be able to get a lot of great information on preconceptual fitness as well as tons of support for when you are pregnant...

Take care! jeni (just had 1st baby 9/14/02)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.