Premixes on the new DVD's

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Everyone! Here are the premixes for the new workouts. I will be online tomorrow (perhaps even later tonight but not sure) to answer more questions.

Premix Number One:

Cardio and Weight Circuit

Total Cardio Step Warm Up
Step Combo One
Blast One
Stability ball squats
Stability ball lunges
Stability ball back extentions and wide rows
Stability ball push ups

Step Combo Two
Step Blast Two (leave in the recovery march)
Stability ball front raises/rear delt squeezes/lateral raises
Stability ball lying extensions/prone double arm kickbacks

Step Blast One
Step Blast Two (leave in the recovery march)
Stability ball preacher curls/ seated hammer curl
Stability ball outer thigh raises
Stability ball frog rolls for inner thigh

Stability ball Ab work:
crunches w/leg on ball...2 times
crunches w/ball in arms while alternating knee raises...2 times
seated oblique twists....2 times

Cool Down from Total Cardio Step

Premix Two:

SOLID SCULPTING (every segment repeated twice):

Warm up (only done once)

Stability ball squats

Stability ball lunges

Stability ball back extentions and wide rows

Stability ball push ups

Stability ball front raises/rear delt squeezes/lateral raises

Stability ball lying extensions/prone double arm kickbacks

Stability ball preacher curls/ seated hammer curl

Stability ball frog rolls for inner thigh

Stability ball Ab work (repeated twice)
crunches w/leg on ball...2 times
crunches w/ball in arms while alternating knee raises...2 times
seated oblique twists....2 times

Premix Three:

LOWER BODY CARDIO BLAST

Warm Up from Total Cardio Step
Step Combo 1
Blast 1
Blast 2
Squats from Total Muscle Sculpting
Lunges from Total Muscle Sculpting
Step Combo 2
Blast 1
Blast 2
Squats from Total Muscle Sculpting
Lunges from Total Muscle Sculpting
Stability ball frog rolls for inner thigh (repeated twice)

These sounds pretty good Cathe! I am looking forward to some of the stability ball work. Is the ball used as a "weight" in these workouts or are you on the ball doing some of the stuff like in Supersets? Thanks:)

Glad you've had some time to spend with your family and relax - you deserve it!

Hi Cathe,

These sound really fun! Are some of the stability ball exercises similar to those in last Saturdays sculpting class?

Thanks! :)

Marla

Hi Melissa! It is used as weight in squats, lunges, and abs. Outer thigh, back extensions, preacher curl, and push ups use the ball on an angle making th emove more advanced. The remaining exercises use it to sit or lie on to recruit stabilizer muscles as well as the primary focus muscle :)

Hi Marla (how fun to have met you and I would love to hear you play your flute....I played for 9 years but am so rusty now :))

Yes, many of the exercises were from Saturday's sculpting class (just not any of the bouncy moves). If enough people enjoyed the bouncy core/cardio moves, I can consider them for a future DVD.

Hi Amy (and thank you so much for downloading all of those songs into the Ipod. A little birdie told me you were the key player in handling most of the Ipod arrangements...again thank you:) ).

I have not officially timed the premixes yet, however I believe premix one will be about 68 minutes, premix two about 55 minutes, and premix three about 54 minutes.

Take Care!

Thanks Cathe for answering my question. I like the pictures from the new workouts and the times of the premixes sounds good:)

Thanks Cathe. The premixes look awesome. I have ordered the dvd by CK sales.

Mariángeles a spanish terminator and TAEBO junkie. :) :)

These look great! I am really looking forward to the ball work. I would love to see more ball work on future dvd's(band work too). I am glad I ordered.

Cathe, I loved the ball workout on Saturday including the "bouncy" moves! It took sooo much core recruitment to keep from bouncing right off that ball! I kept thinking the whole time...I am going to embarrass myself when I go flying across the room which made me work HARDER at staying on the ball! Ha! My legs were on fire! Plus, it was such a hoot to see 100+ fans all bouncing at once. (Looked like 200 with the mirrors!) I love the pix of all the stability ball classes. The red & blue balls all looked so cool scattered all over. Thank you again for an unbelievable weekend. Can't wait for my new DVD's!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Cathe, just wanted to vote a big, enthusiastic YES for a bouncy ball workout. That class was a blast -- I never would have thought to do jumping jacks on a ball. And I've started sitting and just bouncing up and down while watching TV :)

I am finding it difficult to continue doing tapes that are more than 60 minutes in length. Including a shower afterwards and changing into exercise clothes before, even the 60 minute tapes take up to 90 minutes to complete the whole process. I have every single tape and it appears that the time is slowly creeping up to 65-69 minutes each. I wish I had the time to devote to this but I don't so I end up doing premixes or some type of premix I did myself. I also feel that I am not "doing it all" which is not good for me, pesonally. I don't want to have this seen like a complaint since I thoroughly enjoy the tapes and being challenged to the max...but it is difficult to find the time every day to do all I want to do.

Is this a concern of anyone else?

WOW, Cathe, these premixes look great.
I was already really looking forward to these, but you have most definitely amped up the versatility of these with these excellent premixes, which I am sure will make the workout more advanced!! Thanks a lot! :)
Kathy

Hi, dhbug!

Yes, I oftentimes have difficulty scheduling in a workout that's > 60 minutes. What I'll do is either 1) force myself to get up sooner (because I'm an early morning exerciser) but that rarely happens ;-) or 2) schedule the longer workouts for the weekends or 3) break the workout into sections (e.g. For BodyMax, I'll do the step and leg circuit portion in the a.m. and upper body/abs in the p.m.). This is not always possible because I have 2 small children (ages 8 & 10) but I try.

Hope these ideas help. For the record, I like a variety of shorter (30-45 min.) and longer (>60 min.) premixes for variety sake.

Sue

Cathe,

These premixes sound really awesome and really going to really work every inch of the body. Thank you so much for offering them to us, without having to buy the whole kit thing that Target will be selling them with.

Kit

Thanks for your thoughts! I'm a "late in the day" exerciser; I leave my house @ 6;15 or so in the morning and I've never been able to exercise in the morning. So, I come home and exercise in lieu of TV or computer time. I think what really bothers me is that I am used to being able to give 110% on everything I do and because of the extended (beyond 60 minutes) routines, doing the entire routine is just not possible, :-( especially if I want a little bit of time to wind down. I need to be able to feel ok about not doing the entire routine, everytime.
Again, thanks for your input!:)

>Cathe, I loved the ball workout on Saturday including the
>"bouncy" moves! It took sooo much core recruitment to keep
>from bouncing right off that ball!

Hi, Debbie --Am really curious what the bouncy ball workouts were like. Could you describe any of the moves for me, body position, etc., and about how long did you do them for? They sound really neat and I'd love to try them. Thanks much.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.