Pre & Post Workout Snacks?

Kathy191

What type of snacks are good for pre and post workouts? I really need something to fuel me before my workouts. Thanks to all.

Kathy

Hi Kathy,
Mostly after workouts, I like to have protein to help me keep up my muscle building. I like Pure Protein Strawberry Cream and Vanilla protein drinks. Or sometimes Meal Replacement Protein Bars if I workout in the morning. Before a workout, I like to still have protein. Like I might have some Fat Free or Low Fat turkey or ham in a mini whole wheat pita, or some peanut butter on a half a light multigrain english muffin with maybe a scoop of protein powder with some skim milk. These ideas are more for muscle building, so these ideas will help if your interested in this.

Hope this Helps,

~Adri;-)
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

I work around from 4:30 AM to 5::30 so I don't eat anything before I workout. I prepare for work and then I usually eat breakfast at 6:30 which is something like ---peanut butter on whole wheat, banana or turkey sausage, one slice whole wheat toast and fruit. I used to drink orange juice, but now I pretty much just drink water for breakfast too.

Immediately after a workout, it's best to have something with a 4-to-1 carb-to-protein ratio, that's easy to digest, like a smoothie. Then, an hour or so later, a meal higher in protein. (The extra carbs after a workout help replenish glycogen, and help change the body from catabolic mode---breaking down--to anabolic mode--building up).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.