Positive comments about what Cathe has done for me with her workouts.

Czechfan

Cathlete
Hi Cathe and gang!:) I just wanted to say that I feel the workouts cathe has on DVD are the gold standard for fitness and proper technique&form. I was diagnosed with Relapsing and Remitting Multiple Sclerosis a little over two years ago. I had major problems with: a loss of strength in my arms, legs, hands, and my balance was impaired so much I walked like I was drunk. :D

After the diagnosis I read everything I could about MS and how best to help minimize the impact or reduce what MS can do to your body. Everything I read stated that exercise is extremely beneficial for people with MS. It keeps the neuro pathways stimulated sort of retracing their pathways strengthing the path the signals from the brain. I'm all for doing all that I can to improve my health and limit or eliminate the degree or amount of possible disability. My neurologist agrees with me that exercise is really amazing that those with MS that exercise regularly, cardio and strength training can help themselves and tend to be more able bodied and less disabled. This was music to my ears and began in earnest to kick up my exercise regimine.

Since discovering Cathe's DVD's I have regained strength in my arms and legs and my balance is improved I now can walk without anyone noticing anything is off. I just wanted to say "Thank You" for the always awesome DVD's and top notch instruction. You've made a difference in how I feel and my ability to do things. Now, about those 30lbs I need to lose that's still goal of mine, but I refuse to give up. In short, no matter what someone's abilities or limitations it is possible to be active and exercise within their ability and improve their condition. I really love cathe and get excited lookforward to the next days workout its always a blessing.

Blessings and Hugs!:D;)

Nora

What a fantastic post - thank you for sharing your story. It's amazing what exercise does for us ... I had a friend who was diagnosed with MS and was told by her doctor to start exercising and eating right. She basically "gave in" to the disease and could barely walk within 6 months. It was a very sad thing to watch.

Hoorah for you!

Bravo Nora!! What an inspirational post. You have a great spirit and positive outlook. Keep up the awesome work!

Hi Cathe and gang!:) I just wanted to say that I feel the workouts cathe has on DVD are the gold standard for fitness and proper technique&form. I was diagnosed with Relapsing and Remitting Multiple Sclerosis a little over two years ago. I had major problems with: a loss of strength in my arms, legs, hands, and my balance was impaired so much I walked like I was drunk. :D

After the diagnosis I read everything I could about MS and how best to help minimize the impact or reduce what MS can do to your body. Everything I read stated that exercise is extremely beneficial for people with MS. It keeps the neuro pathways stimulated sort of retracing their pathways strengthing the path the signals from the brain. I'm all for doing all that I can to improve my health and limit or eliminate the degree or amount of possible disability. My neurologist agrees with me that exercise is really amazing that those with MS that exercise regularly, cardio and strength training can help themselves and tend to be more able bodied and less disabled. This was music to my ears and began in earnest to kick up my exercise regimine.

Since discovering Cathe's DVD's I have regained strength in my arms and legs and my balance is improved I now can walk without anyone noticing anything is off. I just wanted to say "Thank You" for the always awesome DVD's and top notch instruction. You've made a difference in how I feel and my ability to do things. Now, about those 30lbs I need to lose that's still goal of mine, but I refuse to give up. In short, no matter what someone's abilities or limitations it is possible to be active and exercise within their ability and improve their condition. I really love cathe and get excited lookforward to the next days workout its always a blessing.

Blessings and Hugs!:D;)

Nora

Wow Nora! What an inspiring post. While I am saddened to hear of your MS diagnosis, I'm so happy to hear of your hugely significant progress as well as your super positive attitude about doing everything in your power to continuously improve your condition. Thats the biggest key to your continued success. Kudo's to you. You have come such a long way and I am proud of your ambitous commitment. Way to go. Also, thank you for allowing me to be your workout partner. What an honor :)

what a wonderful post

Nora-you are truly an inspiration-your testament to what a good solid program Cathe has developed over the years nearly brought tears to my eyes! I'm so happy that you have such a wonderful attitude-MS is such a difficult process-but you seem to have taken it by the horns and with Cathe's help "showed it who's boss"!!!
Congrats and the next time I do IMax 3-it's in honor of you :D
Your story is a reminder that a person may have a disease process, but it doesn't HAVE to possess the person...
congrats on your health and best wishes
julie

Thanks for all the kind and encouraging words

Hi gang and Cathe! :eek::D

Wow! I'm stunned I got replies. I'm so excited Cathe read and replied to my comments, WOW!!! I'm thrilled at the great comments. Thank you very much. I just wanted people to know that fitness is about getting and maintaining your health, be it the best healthy version of yourself and its for everyone at every age no matter your abilities, challenges, or level of fitness.

I may have MS but it doesn't have me and I'm not about to surrender. My motto is to challenge your fitness level within your abilities and strive to improve. I'm 43 years old/young and I want to stay as active as I can and yes I need to lose some weight too but that's the other part of the goal I'm working on as well. I'm not saying that I don't have physical challenges with MS. I have partial numbness in my right hand and heat and cold extremes can really bother me but I choose to look at those as minor speed bumps and not let it get me down. I focus on what I can do and continue to do and feel blessed that I can get out of bed each day. Each day is a new blessing so embrace it Carpe Diem!

ps. I've noticed that people who workout regularly and take care of themselves tend to look a lot younger than there age. So, how's that for an incentive and beauty secret! ;)

Hugs and Blessings!

Nora

Last edited:
Nora, I have a friend who has MS and I really wished she had the postive attitude that you have. It just makes me sad knowing she's pretty much has given up and she doesn't listen to her doctors..It's sad!
I am glad to hear that you are doing everything you can and you have a great attitude about this. Keep it up!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.