please respond,cathe

exercisemania

I recently bought BM2. I do ninety min. workout once a week and bootcamp or cardio weight version twice a week. On other 2 days I do imax 3 or kickmax. How come I have gained weight? I thought with as hard as I am working, I would be losing?
Also, I love you and your workouts!
thanks,
monica

Not Cathe here, but I do have a suggestion. I was in the same boat you are, then I realized just because I was exercising like a madwoman, i could NOT eat whatever I wanted. You may be extra hungry from all that working out and be eating a lot more than you realize. Watch what you eat. Also, you don't mention how long you've been doing it. You may have put on some muscle - how do your clothes fit? Or poss just some water weight. Seems when ever I switch up my program I'll gain a couple pounds then it will come off right away. (believe your body holds on to water when encounters new activities. some stress reaction left over from cave man days). Also, maybe try not to weigh yourself daily, but looks for trends. I can swing a couple pounds either way a day, so I only record my weight once a week, then I can really see how things are going. That's all the help I can offer, maybe someone else has some other insights

Nan

I have been doing this for about 3-4 weeks. I have been watching what I eat. And yes, I have been extra hungry, but trying to eat healthy when do eat a little more. I still don't think I am over my calorie limit intake for day. Also, my clothes are fitting better.

> Also,
>my clothes are fitting better.

Then why worry?;-)
Weigth tells you nothing more than how much gravity affects you, not what your body is made of. Possibly, you've gained some muscle (or have fluid retention in the muscle, which can happen when starting a weight program, and which adds to weight) or maybe swapped out some fat for muscle (which is denser than fat, so an equivalent weight of muscle takes up less space than the same weight of fat).

Monica,
Not Cathe, but I agree with Kathryn as far as muscle weighing more than fat. Do you feel bloated? It may be water retention. I also think that you are doing a lot of high impact aerobics, which may not cause problems now but in the long haul you may reconsider doing as much as you are doing now (your knees will thank you). I used to do a lot of high impact (4 times sometimes 5 times a week), but I have incorporated some lower impact and that has also helped. Then again, everyone responds differently. I just don't want you to over do it now and pay for it later. Take care
:)

Hi again,

Might I suggest you post this question in the "Video & DVD Questions and Comments" forum. This question comes up often. The people in that forum are very helpful and really know their stuff. They will definitely have great suggestions for you.

See you over there.

Teals

Hi again,

Might I suggest you post this question in the "Video & DVD Questions and Comments" forum. This question comes up often. The people in that forum are very helpful and really know their stuff. They will definitely have great suggestions for you.

See you over there.

Teals

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.