Plank Envy

Shannon

Cathe and the educated crowd...

Doing the plank exercises in the CTX series kills me! In the tape, you say that if we start to tremble or lose our form, to stop. What happens if you START out trembling?? One of my friends suggested that I do the plank exercises a couple times a day, every day, and that this would help me build up the strength and endurance on it. I wondered if you had any suggestions or tips on helping me through this particular exercise! Thanks!!

Shannon

The plank exercises are very hard for me as well. I always thought I had a strong abs section, but now I see that I don't. I keep trembling, until finally my middle collapses downward. I don't know if you should do it every day, but maybe every other day?
Hopefully Cathe will have good advice for us!

Sandi

Hi Shannon! Don't worry it will come. When we first started doing them 75% of the class was either a sagger, drawbridge, or severe shaker. Eventually you will build up the strength and endurance to hold these positions longer. If you want to improve on your planks, pick a few and do them every other day. Each time you do them try to keep your best form holding the position just three seconds longer than the last time. Good Luck!

> When we
>first started doing them 75%
>of the class was either
>a sagger, drawbridge, or severe
>shaker.
>

hehehe!!! Cathe you are so funny! I am DEFINITELY a severe shaker! My core is OK but my arms and shoulders, oh my, they are SHAKIN' and QUAKIN'!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.