Personal Debt of Gratitude to Cathe Version 20.08

Aquajock

Cathlete
I took a Turkey Day Trip down to Tallahassee, FL last week for a mini family reunion, and I thought I'd share my trip BACK last night, which could have been The Nightmare Before Christmas but for Cathe:

Got to Tallahassee Regional Airport at about 7:09 p.m., thinking I'm all hotsie-totsie with my printed boarding pass, my carry-on gym bag and my small but loaded Pierre Cardin suitcase which was quite the thing Back In The Day and which had no rollers. Got into a line of other passengers waiting to check in for - of course - the exact same flight that I was on, set - of course - to take off at 8:05 p.m., and precisely one luggage checker. Waited in line, and waited, and waited, and by the time my number came up it was 7:55 p.m. Luggage Checker told me that because of flight delays I shouldn't check my Pierre Cardin on as regular luggage because they wouldn't be able to get it on my connecting flight; he told me to take it to the gate and check it there, and do a grab-and-go for my connecting flight.

Okay. I literally ran to my gate with easily 60 - 70 pounds worth of detritus hanging off various body parts. Got on my plane, and sure 'nuff we were late getting into Charlotte, NC Airport. Got off the plane at 9:50, and my flight takes off at 10:09. (Sharp.)

Grabbed my Pierre Cardin, and got back into interval sprint mode; because in Charlotte D is close to E only in the alphabet, I had to sprint-walk for at least 10 minutes, again with my detritus hanging off me, grabbing every conveyor-belt for walkers I could, knocking over old ladies and little kids like candlepins. I would argue that in getting from Concourse E to Concourse D I crossed the entire city of Charlotte at its longest length. Made it to my gate which was already starting to board everyone, hauled Pierre and Gymmy The Gym Bag etc. onto the plane, hiked all this sh*t into the overhead compartment, and sat down, stunned that I'd made it.

Cathe, if I weren't in such good shape in great part due to your workouts, I'd be in Charlotte still. Hell, I might still be in Tallahassee. I could never, ever have gotten so far so fast if I hadn't had your ongoing baptisms of fire that make me stronger, faster, and able to sprint long distances in a single airport when the need arises.

This is what functional fitness is all about for me. I thank you, and applaud you, for remaining true to your original business model of tailoring your workouts to advanced exercisers and those who wish to become so. I get so tired of hearing the 40-Something crowd in my daily life talk about what they can't do because they're Of A Certain Age. It's almost as if, by your highly intense workouts that you yourself are doing on camera for us, you give us permission to be even better than we thought we could be.

So . . .

Thanks for your interval workouts. (My heart and lungs asked me to write that one.)

Thanks for the fast-foot drills including the 6th drill in Drill Max, the football runs and drop-push-ups, and the running suicides in 4DS-BC.

Thanks for your emphasis on plyometric work for the lower body, which I firmly believe has added about 20 years of ambulation onto my later life, not to mention superior power production in the here and now.

Thanks for making the production values so good, and your on-camera personae so friendly yet so insistent on keeping the "work" in workouts.

Thanks for making this 47-year-old continually know that her strongest days are still ahead of her.

And thanks for this forum.

Love,

A-Jock

Last edited:
wow, what a workout. Good job getting to your flights & I agree Cathe's workouts are awesome & help in so many areas of our lives. Glad you made it home. Thanks for sharing.

A-Jock,
Sorry for your troubling holiday travel but I must say, thank you for making me laugh. I'm just picturing this whole ordeal and it is making me giggle, something I REALLY needed today:) And thanks to Cathe for, well, being Cathe!

Wow! What a great thing to be able to say you accomplished. But, do tell did you have to leap over anything ala the old O.J. commercials.

Great post, A-jock!

I was also thankful for Cathe on Thanksgiving day, when I went to the grocery store with DH, then realized we'd forgotten something, as our stuff was being rung up in the express checkout. I took off running. I was across the store and back so quickly that my DH couldn't believe it. All thanks to Cathe!

I loved this post! It really illustrates why we work so hard, sweat so much and don't mind doing it. :) It really pays off in every area of our lives. I agree, thanks Cathe for helping me look and feel better than I ever have in my entire life!

Very funny and what a testimonial A-Jock! I can just see you loaded up with gear and running between gates. I bet you could have had a job as a baggage handler if you decided to stay in Tallahassee or Charlotte. I'm glad you made the flight back home, though.
All the workouts Cathe provides me with, make me stronger and more fit than I could imagine. I try just a bit harder each time she gives me a challenge I think is impossible and over time I get there.
I just had my OBGYN appointment today and the 30 something Nurse did a double take at my blood pressure read out. I was 100/72. I'm 55. Hee hee hee.
Colleen

sorry about your trials...

but TOTALLY enjoyed the story!!! I'd have to agree with all of the gratitude towards Cathe. My 2.5 year old son is 45 lbs and 41 inches tall, built like a block, very muscular for his age (he lifts my 35 lb barbell...but I have taught him that's a big no no...don't need hernia surgery around here)
Anyway-no one can believe it when I carry him at any time (which isn't very often anymore, my baby is growing-sniff)
I just say I owe it all to Cathe!!!
julie

Just want to chime in another thank you for keeping me in shape -- though not as good shape as Aquajock. If your workouts aren't as good, or produced as polished, I'm not sure I would workout. I used to be a gym rat, but now with kids, I prefer home workouts since it's so time efficient. I don't think I'll ever be a gym rat again... I just love your workouts. I get much more out of your DVDs than the gym ever did. Cathe you kick your butt!

Oh I soooo agree!!!

A-Jock,
You are not only astute in your observations (I mean, you NAILED it!), but you're a heck of a good writer, too! I think you just summarized (WELL) how all of us feel about Cathe and why we feel so indebted! I certainly know both my pregnancies went smoothly because of the shape that Little Powerhouse whipped me into. God Bless Her!
And God Bless You, too, for sharing!!
Michelle :)

I agree with Michelle -- your writing is great! Your story was wonderful and I sat reading it just visualizing it all happening! :D Kudos to you! And Cathe ;)

I have to admit that I've been sorely lacking in workout motivation these days, but thank you, Aquajock, for reminding me why my booty needs to get moving again! I'm starting today...no excuses!

Great story!

I can't tell you how many airplane seats I've collapsed into panting, sweating and grinning because we'd made the flight with just seconds to spare thanks to long lines, insane delays and marathon routes for plane changes. Clearly, airports were designed with HIIT in mind and luggage is meant for circuit training. :p

So, Aquajock, the big question is: Are you asking for a ROLLING, carry on bag for xmas (or festivus :D) this year?

I think this story says it all. I just hate that Charlotte airport. I've never gone through Charlotte when I didn't sprint from one end of the airport to the other. So, I know what you are talking about.

Everyday after I finish exercising with Cathe, I say, "THANK YOU CATHE!" I'm 46 years old and I'm as lean as I was at 18 but a whole lot stronger. THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU CATHE!

Thanks for putting so eloquently into words how much Cathe has done for us. She's a dynamo, and I am so indebted to her for increasing the quality of my life. As my physical strength and cardio endurance have increased from her workouts and everyone's fabulous sharing of info and advice here, so has my self confidence.
The other day a table needed to be moved, and I just picked it up and did it. You should have seen the looks on the other's faces. Cathe truly helps women get better as we age.

Love this post. Love being fit. Love feeling empowered. Love all the very cool, fun, smart, good-hearted, fitness-minded people here on this forum. Oh, and I love Cathe workoiuts too! Thanks Aqua-Jock!

Dear A-Jock

I am speechless. What a beautiful thing to say. Thank YOU for all the years YOU continue to come back for "another licking", LOL. I love that you give me everything that you can and don't settle for the "for my age" excuses. You are an empowering example of what hard work "in the pit" can do for your health, heart, mind, body, and spirit!

Keep on jumping, sprinting, lifting, swimming, grunting, sweating, panting, and letting me have it! High Five to you!

Btw, your story was so well written that I felt I just ran along with you :D

Cathe

I took a Turkey Day Trip down to Tallahassee, FL last week for a mini family reunion, and I thought I'd share my trip BACK last night, which could have been The Nightmare Before Christmas but for Cathe:

Got to Tallahassee Regional Airport at about 7:09 p.m., thinking I'm all hotsie-totsie with my printed boarding pass, my carry-on gym bag and my small but loaded Pierre Cardin suitcase which was quite the thing Back In The Day and which had no rollers. Got into a line of other passengers waiting to check in for - of course - the exact same flight that I was on, set - of course - to take off at 8:05 p.m., and precisely one luggage checker. Waited in line, and waited, and waited, and by the time my number came up it was 7:55 p.m. Luggage Checker told me that because of flight delays I shouldn't check my Pierre Cardin on as regular luggage because they wouldn't be able to get it on my connecting flight; he told me to take it to the gate and check it there, and do a grab-and-go for my connecting flight.

Okay. I literally ran to my gate with easily 60 - 70 pounds worth of detritus hanging off various body parts. Got on my plane, and sure 'nuff we were late getting into Charlotte, NC Airport. Got off the plane at 9:50, and my flight takes off at 10:09. (Sharp.)

Grabbed my Pierre Cardin, and got back into interval sprint mode; because in Charlotte D is close to E only in the alphabet, I had to sprint-walk for at least 10 minutes, again with my detritus hanging off me, grabbing every conveyor-belt for walkers I could. I would argue that in getting from Concourse E to Concourse D I crossed the entire city of Charlotte at its longest length. Made it to my gate which was already starting to board everyone, hauled Pierre and Gymmy The Gym Bag etc. onto the plane, hiked all this sh*t into the overhead compartment, and sat down, stunned that I'd made it.

Cathe, if I weren't in such good shape in great part due to your workouts, I'd be in Charlotte still. Hell, I might still be in Tallahassee. I could never, ever have gotten so far so fast if I hadn't had your ongoing baptisms of fire that make me stronger, faster, and able to sprint long distances in a single airport when the need arises.

This is what functional fitness is all about for me. I thank you, and applaud you, for remaining true to your original business model of tailoring your workouts to advanced exercisers and those who wish to become so. I get so tired of hearing the 40-Something crowd in my daily life talk about what they can't do because they're Of A Certain Age. It's almost as if, by your highly intense workouts that you yourself are doing on camera for us, you give us permission to be even better than we thought we could be.

So . . .

Thanks for your interval workouts. (My heart and lungs asked me to write that one.)

Thanks for the fast-foot drills including the 6th drill in Drill Max, the football runs and drop-push-ups, and the running suicides in 4DS-BC.

Thanks for your emphasis on plyometric work for the lower body, which I firmly believe has added about 20 years of ambulation onto my later life, not to mention superior power production in the here and now.

Thanks for making the production values so good, and your on-camera personae so friendly yet so insistent on keeping the "work" in workouts.

Thanks for making this 47-year-old continually know that her strongest days are still ahead of her.

Love,

A-Jock

Better late than never ;-)

Annette,

First, hope you got my Happy New Year's message from Joanne. If not "Happy New Year 2009".

:eek: I'm late, I'm later...anyway, I wanted to say what a wonderful message this is not only for Cathe but to all of us here that "ARE HERE" for the thankful reasons you listed and more.

Now that STS is upon us, I hope to see/read more of your posts around here. Can't wait - I love the humorous spin you put on things.

♪ Cynthia ♪
aka RetroFit

Grabbed my Pierre Cardin, and got back into interval sprint mode; because in Charlotte D is close to E only in the alphabet, I had to sprint-walk for at least 10 minutes, again with my detritus hanging off me, grabbing every conveyor-belt for walkers I could. I would argue that in getting from Concourse E to Concourse D I crossed the entire city of Charlotte at its longest length. Made it to my gate which was already starting to board everyone, hauled Pierre and Gymmy The Gym Bag etc. onto the plane, hiked all this sh*t into the overhead compartment, and sat down, stunned that I'd made it.

So . . .

Love,

A-Jock

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.