overtraining

mari27

Cathlete
<center><font size="1" color="#ff0000">LAST EDITED ON Apr-12-00 AT 02:16PM (EST)</font></center>

Hi Cathe,
I have read alot of info about why you should give your muscles time to recover.As far as I am concerned I beleive my exercise regimen allows that,However my friends say that I am overdoing it and I wanted your advise because I want to prevent any injuries(I know you say to listen to your body and mine is saying "GO FOR IT")
Here's a typical week for me:
MON.-POWER MAX,PS CST
TUES.RUN 40MIN.,PS BBA,PS LEGS
WED.-INTERVAL MAX
THURS.-PS CST,TAE-BO
FRI.-MIS LEGS ONLY,PS BBA,RUN 30 MIN.
SAT.-REST
SUN.-WALK 60MIN.or I might rollerblade
Please let me know if there is something I don't see.I am getting great results and I feel great,however I want to use wisdom
THANK YOU,
MARISOL

I need someone's advise

Can someone please help me out?
I think you guys are great and give great advise
Thank You

All I can say is WOW! YOU GO GIRL!

I would not be able to keep up with you, and I consider myself an advanced exerciser. I am certainly no expert, but I feel like if your body truly says "go for it!", then I think you should. Professional athletes train very hard, just make sure you are practicing safe training habits, i.e. replacing shoes often, etc.) I am guessing that you have good supportive shoes and good equipment that will be able to provide enough support and keep up with that schedule as well. (I don't know if I could afford to replace my shoes often enough!
happy.gif
) Personally I have some "off" days,usually around that certain time of the month, so I wouldn't be quite as rigid with the schedule on those rough days. I hope you don't burn yourself out. I think that would drain my brain after awhile also. How long have you been doing this? More power to you! I wish I had the time, energy and drive to do it!!!

Thanks

Thank you,I guess I never looked at it from an athlete's perspective.I have been working out like this for about two years now it actually started because I was overweight.I managed to lose my 85pds. but developed a love for exercise in the process.I guess it's my peace of mind(ha)
But thank you I appreciatte your response it's encouraging.
Marisol

Great Job!

Marisol~Your workout sounds great to me. I think your body will "tell you" if you are pushing too hard. Keep up the good work and congrats on the 85# weight loss. I'm sure it took lots of hard work & dedication! Isn't it great to LOVE exercise? You go Girl!!
happy.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.