Out of the mouths of babes

LizN

Cathlete
Cathe,
I know you mentioned that your boys laugh watching you work out. Today DD(8 years) joined me doing Gym Style Back, Shoulders and Biceps with one of my resistance bands.

We were sitting doing the T Band rows and half way through them looked at me seriously and asked "Mum, is crying an option in these workouts?"

I nearly lost my band across the lounge room after that!

Best wishes
Liz N

That is GREAT!!!!

My olderst (7) sometimes will watch and when I am dancing around the step he will stand to the side and give me a high five as I come around.

My youngest (19 months) says Ca...ca... whenever she is on TV. Sometimes when he is crying and I know she is on FitTv, I will say, "you wanna say hi to Cathe" and he stops crying and goes running for the tv "Ca....ca..." Everyday I bring him home then start my workout, and I always say.. you wanna go workout with Cathe, and he bets me downstairs everytime!

I don't think her goal was to be an entertainer to an 19 month old boy, but she sure is, which is great because it allows me to workout!

That is hilarious! My 16 month old twins love it when I put a Cathe DVD in to preview. They watch avidly and dance to the music. Part of the reason I exercise is to be a healthy role model to them. Maybe someday they will exercise with me to Cathe.:)

A little girl that I watch 3 days a week, one day needed to get some energy out. It was winter, she's only 2, but I thought I would take out the small top to the high step and do a Cathe workout with her. Yeah, she would go up and down, on my step, not hers, so I didn't get much of a workout in. But about a half hour into it she layed down on the step, and would not let me at it. In otherwords, she was done. She was tired. I accomplished my goal!
It's fun to read the threads of others when it comes to the kids. They are so darn sweet!
I think that crying is a great option!
And what great motivation that the one boy gives his mom high five as she passes by him. It's like doing a marathon. Maybe you can have him hand you some water next time! LOL!

Kathy

MY 5 year old little boy will watch me as I do my Cathe workouts, and during the particularly hard dvd's will say, " My God! Is she nuts?!" always a treat! and always keeps me going! Thank God for little boys!!!

Connie34

Your kids are all so cute! At least my "fur" kids don't say anything, but I do have one kittie that always comes in the room, lays in front of me (out of the way of the workout), on her back, with her paws curled to her chest and watches me workout. It always cracks me up because she is watching me upside down and is so serious. She'll also stretch with me at the end.

Kids are too funny! I work out with me 3.6 year old. She knows who cathe is and often when I take a break, she says keep going! She is the best trainer!

Rhea- I completely understand about the "fur" babies! I have one that is HUGE and loves to watch me from her lounge chair! I have another one that loves to sniff me when I stretch and a third one that loves to do yoga with me.....she does the front stretching/back stretching then flops on the floor and watches me do the rest!;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.