Now that your back Cathe....

bradleyA

I just wanted to tell you how much I am enjoying your new tapes. I haven't developed a solid rotation yet; just mixing things around and having a blast. Actually, I've been focusing more on Cardiokicks and CircuitMax. I love these workouts! When I'm finished with CM I feel like I've hit every muscle and gotten a super fun(and challenging) cardio session. It's definately a boredom buster. Other posters have said that Cardiokicks may not be as intense as your other cardio workouts and that's the way I felt at first. But if you really put your all into the jumps, kicks and punches you are going to get a fantastic workout. It's not a workout you can outgrow; just kick higher and punch harder. It seems very adaptable to all fitness levels. Cathe, did you design it this way? Since I do a lot of stepping, It's a wonderful change of pace. Of course I love the xpress tapes too, but I'll save my reviews for next time. Sorry so long winded. Happy workouts to everyone!

Brad

Hi Brad!

Thanks for all of your feedback. Its funny that you mention this about Cardio Kicks not seeming intense enough at first. I designed this workout based on the observations I made while teaching it at the gym on a weekly basis.

I found that when I started out at a fast pace, then people were wiped out by the end. I found that when I put the intensity drills too early again, people wiped out too soon. So eventually though trial and error I made small changes. When I thought I had the right mixture, (which is what is on the tape)I had members come up to me and say things like "I started to think that you had gone to easy on us today but then about 15 to 20 minutes into the workout you really kicked it up another notch and pushed us hard. I don't think I could have pushed that hard for the whole hour".

You are very right Brad, you get out of it what you put into it. If you want ultra intensity then really snap and recoil those kicks, really give it your hardest and fastest punch...WHEW! One day I went ALL OUT and was sore for 4 days. My lats, hamstrings, biceps, shoulders, obliques, and forearms were especially sore.

Glad you are having so much fun!

Cardio Kicks

I did Cardio Kicks on Wednesday morning and when I woke up on Thursday you would have thought I had done a serious weight work out. I gave it my all and felt the sorness in my lats, biceps,shoulders, and espeically my obliques.

Today is Friday, and I am still pleasantly sore
happy.gif

You are right, you do get out of it what you put into it.

I know you say that you are not an expert in the martial arts, but you have made a great tape that really works the body, and is fun to do. That is what I wanted.

Terri

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.