New to your forum

IGTamayo

Cathlete
Dear Cathe, I'm new to your forum and need some guidance. I have beeing doing Joyce Vedral's videos with great success. In her forum I've read so much about you and am interested in adding your tapes to my rotations. I currently use 3,5 8 and 10 pound weights in my workouts, I have the Firm step and videos, as well as a pair of 15 pound weights and a 9 pound weight bar. I try to incorporate all in my rotations but need to bring it up a notch or two. Where do I start. Thank you Cathe!

:D IrisG

Hi Iris. I'm not Cathe, but maybe I can make a few suggestions.
I'm not sure what results you'd like to see, or if you want to increase your endurance, add more cardio, increase difficulty of choreography, add more muscle definition.... But whatever you're looking for, I'm sure you can find it with Cathe. She has an outstanding collection of videos.

A great place to start could be with Cathe's latest videos in the Intensity series, or with the CTX series. Not ready to commit to an entire series? Then try either Body Max or Circuit Max. Very complete, very thorough workouts. All of the videos I menioned above can be performed with the exercise equipment you already have. Sometimes Cathe uses heavier weights, but you can build up to that, or just stay with what feels comfortable.

Cathe's choreography is fun. It may take you a few tries to get all the moves down, but she cues great, and of course you have that marvelous rewind button on your VCR. If you really feel that you are choreography challenged, you can start with Step Max, the Wedding Video, or Step Heat. These are some of Cathe's earlier videos and may help you learn her choreography faster.

Also, take a look at the streaming videos. This may help in your selection too, but I do have one warning for you. After you try the first video, you may want to get more, and more, and more.... It's hard to stop with just one Cathe video. :p

Welcome to the forum!!!

Lisa :)

After
>you try the first video, you may want to get more, and more,
>and more.... It's hard to stop with just one Cathe video.
>:p
>
>Welcome to the forum!!!
>
>Lisa :)
Lisa you are right on the money on this one because when I brought the classic volume 1, the following week I brought more, and then that following week I even got more.

Hi,

Thank you for you nice welcome and response. What I'm looking for is more of a challenge and diversity. I've been reading about Cathe's Slow and Heavy and the Intensity Series. I've done high cardio step and weights at my gym and at home but want something different. I think its time for Cathe's workouts. I'll keep you posted.

:D :) :7

Iris

Hi Iris, You won't be sorry. I belong to the gym also and do weights and the step class. I get more out of weights with Cathe then the gym. Some days when I do the step class at the gym it is ok, but I feel my heart rate really works when doing it with Cathe. I guess it depends how the instructer does that day. Good Luck. P.S. I don't know if you have PUB or PLB, but that is a real great workout. I just did the PUB this morning. Now im looking into BootCamp and ME because everyone keeps saying how great it is. I guess that will be my next purchase:)

Hi Barbara,

Thanks for the encouragement and heads up about Cathe's tapes. I will be ordering the Intensity Serieis and Slow Heavy. And you're correct in saying that you get a better workout at home. I also do Tae Bo Live - Advanced - talk about kicking your butt - this workout is high cardio. I'll keep you posted once I've started Cathe's tapes.

Cheers,

Iris:D

Hi Iris!

I just wanted take a second to say WELCOME to Cathe's place and to tell you that you are in for a real treat with the "I" Series and S&H!!! Great choices for something to shake up your rotuine! It will definitely bring it up a notch or two. Let us know what you think and again, welcome!:7
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.