New Forum Idea for Exercisers over 35 - Anyone Interested?

JanetH

Cathlete
While we are still getting to know our new videos, enjoying the end of summer and getting ready for fall, I thought I'd throw out an idea and see if anyone else is interested.

There have been several threads in the last few weeks discussing issues of how our bodies, and therefore how we take care of them, change after 35. These threads have been so informative and reassuring (okay, and sometimes a little scary). It's quite an educated crowd in our Cathe-cyber space that has lots of valuable experiences to relay. These threads also compelled several people to post who hadn't before.

I've been wondering...not that Cathe and SNM don't have enough to do and not that they can be all things to all people...BUT given the interest and the obvious need for a safe place to discuss these issues, would any of you be interested in asking Cathe to start a new forum (similar to the FitMoms Pregnancy Forum) for those of us wanting to post questions and comments about nutrition and exercise after 35 (or thereabouts)?

Cathe and SNM, I don't want to sneak up on you with this question, but if no one else is interested, then I'll know it wasn't a good idea. If others are, you'll know there is interest
happy.gif

The open forum is great, but having read through the candid, descriptive and therefore extremely informative pregnancy forum threads, the value of a dedicated forum is apparent, IMHO.

Also, after reading some of the books recommended in the threads, I wish I would have had that information at 35 instead of 44 (better late than never). I would have taken care of myself in different ways.

Anyway, anyone else interested in a dedicated forum for exercisers 35 (or thereabouts) and over? (it seems it would be valuable for the men who post (&lurk
happy.gif
here)? "Just a suggestion, take it or leave it."

Hope you all are enjoying your long weekend. And, by the way, I haven't tried Meaner Legs yet because I keep hearing that the low-end squats are harder than the sit and stands is PSL&A!!! - was Cathe reading the Marquis de Sade before she prepared these videos!
happy.gif

Janet

Great Idea, Janet!

I think that's a wonderful idea, Janet. At 37, I constantly come up with questions like is it a hormanal imbalance or is it (peri)menopause? Our very own forum for such things would be wonderful. Cathe and her excellent crew could probably drum up some sort of expert to moderate. You can count me in!
Bobbi

Great Idea!

As a 40 year old woman who's been working out for nearly 20 years now (gasp! has it been that long!!!), I would really love a forum like that.

Count me in too!

New Forum

Hi Janet! Just finished reading your post and yes I am interested in this kind of a forum. I think it would be a very important one since 80% of what we eat is based on how our performance will be in working out. Thanks for the suggestion and I hope SNM and Cathe consider it. Best to you, Kathy

Over 35

I do believe that 35 is the "dividing line" for people. That's the age that seems to separate the fit from the unfit and information is crucial here. I (age 43) would love to read and contribute to such a forum.

Count me in!!!

<center><font size="1" color="#ff0000">LAST EDITED ON Sep-03-00 AT 12:36PM (EST)</font></center>

We have a great advantage since our guru, Cathe, is among us in the age ranks now!!!! Next, we need an AARP age group forum!
wink.gif

Hi Leela!

Are you're one of those lucky
happy.gif
people who has their birthday in the midst of the holidays? My sister does and when she was a kid hated it!

Anyway, if need be we could start a forum on our own, but as Bobbi said, it would be great if Cathe could get someone to help moderate the forum like Sheila does for fit moms. However, I know we have an "educated crowd" here to draw from, so we can't go wrong.

Thanks! Janet

45 and love the idea

The threads discussing HRT were so informative. More info covering more realms would be great.

"I'd be interested too"

Sounds good to me. It would be great to relate to other 35 women execrisers (40 would be even better). I'm 41 and an avid Cathe fan. Nice to know there are others like me.

Terri

I agree !

A great idea. I would definitely be interested in such a forum. I too have been an avid exerciser since my high school days (now over 20 years ago, boy where does time go!) and want to keep on going!

Lynn

Love it!

I think it's a great idea. I'm 47 (only for 2 more months!!), I've been exercising daily for 20 years, and so far so good, I generally don't have to modify much (except I sure don't jump as high as Cathe!!), but I'm not too sure how long that will last!! I think it would be very informative.
Barbara P

...and still counting!! Count me in. I think it's a great idea. I have seen major changes this past year and think that being able to share and discuss with others would be a tremendous help. Great idea Janet! (Hey, BarbP, when's your B-day?. I'll be 48 years YOUNG Nov. 15th.!)

DebbieH

Love the idea!!!!

I just turned 40 last week and I think it would be a terrific idea for us "young, hippy chicks" to have our own forum where we can discuss our problems, goals, ideas.....Count me in.

LARYSA

Sounds great!

I'd love to have a place to discuss issues that are relevant to women over 35. I'm 41, but feel much younger (I'm sure we all do.).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.