New to Cathe workouts

sweetmel

Hi!

I'm new to Cathe's tapes and was given Step Heat from a friend who
said it was too hard for her. I've been using the Firm tapes for about
a year now and have lost 30 pounds with the help of Weight Watchers.

My question is a 2-part one, I still have about 20 more pounds to lose and was wondering if changing my workout would help and the 2nd is that my lower body is really hanging on to the extra fat. my upper thighs, butt and lower abs still have some fat on them. Should I get the lower body tapes or stick with cardio?

Thanks

Melodie:)

Hi Melodie! Congratulations on your 30 pound weight loss. That's wonderful. To continue making progress, yes, I encourage you to change around your workout. The reason being that your body will eventually adapt to the initial exercise stress that it was exposed to. You will continue to get results for weeks with a particular program but after that the results eventually start to slow down. The routine that once sparked inspiring results is no longer doing it in the same capacity. The answer: shock your body. You need to change your workout plan around to wake up your muscles and make them work differently and more effectively again.

As for your second question, it is common for the stubborn spots to take a little longer. Be patient, they will come around. But again, the best way to jar them into parting with those extra fat stores is to shock them with new and different exercises and activities. You should do this by doing BOTH cardio and weight training activities. Of course cardio activity has many health benefits (which is why we should have a few doses of it per week), but it is also good for burning calories and fat while on the job. Weight training is great for shaping, toning, and building more lean muscle mass, benefits that keep your metabolism burning at a higher rate at all times. So now you are burning more calories and fat even during the times you are not physically working out.

I suggest that you do three cardio activities (vary them) per week and two total body weight training workouts per week with one additional weight workout targeting your stubborn spots.

Of course keeping committed to your Weight Watchers program is paramount too.

Good luck and take care!

Thanks Cathe!

I have taken your advice and am starting to notice my clothing fitting looser even though the scale has only shown a 2 pound loss.

I've very pleased and will keep it up!

Melodie

:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.