New to Cathe Tapes

Miriam40

Hi. I just started using Cathe tapes. I use to be an advanced step aerobics person at a gym. However, I stopped for a couple of years. I am having trouble following the tapes. I'm not sure if its because I'm watching it on t.v. which is different than being there in person or if her tapes are just HARD! Also, it seems whenever I do them I get wiped out for a couple of days!

Miriam

I am not Cathe, but since nobody chimed in, I will put my $0.02 worth! I think Cathe's tapes are harder than gym classes. At the gym that I used to belong to, I always have my step at 8" and modify the moves to power stepping (jumping on the step) to get my heart rate up. With some of Cathe's tapes, I have to lower my step to 6" so that I could keep up with her. Sometimes I change my step height from section to section, depending on how I feel that day.

If you feel it is too hard, I would lower the step. This probably helps you learn the moves - eventually you don't have to watch the TV but just listen to her (she's a GREAT cuer!). You could gradually increase your step height as the workout seems to get easier for you. I usually increase it a section at a time.

Haslina

>I am not Cathe, but since
>nobody chimed in, I will
>put my $0.02 worth!
>I think Cathe's tapes are
>harder than gym classes.
>At the gym that I
>used to belong to, I
>always have my step at
>8" and modify the moves
>to power stepping (jumping on
>the step) to get my
>heart rate up. With
>some of Cathe's tapes, I
>have to lower my step
>to 6" so that I
>could keep up with her.
> Sometimes I change my
>step height from section to
>section, depending on how I
>feel that day.
>
>If you feel it is too
>hard, I would lower the
>step. This probably helps
>you learn the moves -
>eventually you don't have to
>watch the TV but just
>listen to her (she's a
>GREAT cuer!). You could
>gradually increase your step height
>as the workout seems to
>get easier for you.
>I usually increase it a
>section at a time.
>
>Haslina

Thanks! I was getting a little frustrated but i am slowly improving! And, I do have the step at 6 inches!!! At the gym I always had it at 8 inches too.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.