Nervous About the Cathe Trip

I have a confession to make………I'm really excited about going on the Cathe trip. I can't believe its only a month away. I've been doing my CX tapes to get ready and am having great fun. BUT, I'm , how would you say, A KLUTZ.!!!!! I'm never going to get the double richochet down as well as a half dozen other moves. Can I still come if I promise to stay in the back???? I'm slightly nervous about the trip because I don't want to mess anyone up. Am I the only one who has trouble sometimes???

Don't worry!!

You'll do fine!!!
happy.gif
I went last year and I felt the same as you. I was so scared!! I am going again this year and I can't wait!! Anyhow, my good friend Kristin Aziz told me not to worry! She said I'd have so much fun and everybody makes mistakes and it's no big deal. She was 100% right! I DID end up facing the class a few times when I was not suppose to be, BUT I was not the only one. I was having such a GREAT time it really did not matter!!

As for that double richochet, it had me stumped too! Then I figured out that you just do a richochet, touch down and do another. If you can do a single, you can do a double. It WILL come to you. If you are still stumped by the trip, we'll show ya how to do it!!
happy.gif
At least, I THINK, I am doing it right! LOL!!!

Anyhow, I am looking forward to meeting you! Take care!

Tammy Churchman

Hi Kathy!

Guess what? You are not alone! It seems that about this time before every trip people start to express their jitters. I even get them too. Its just a bunch of nervous energy. Relax and have fun. You'll be happy to know that I breakdown the moves much longer on these trips than on my tapes because I know it is hard to focus with all of the excitement in the air. I mess up on my own routines each and every year and I'm sure this year will be no different for me. So we can laugh together. Looking forward to meeting you
happy.gif
!

I can commiserate!

Hi Kathy,
I feel the same way, too! I am just hoping there are places in the room where the cathe cam can't find me
wink.gif

This is my first trip and I just can't wait!
Joyce Iannarelli

You'll be fine!

Trust me...coming from the choreography impaired - you will have a blast. And Cathe is *wonderful* at making everyone feel at ease. I flubbed a few times on the last trip and I don't think anyone noticed. Did you guys?
happy.gif

Make sure you look me up....I'll put my step next to yours!!!

Suzanne M.

you'll do fine

at least as fine as everyone else! Last year I literally fell on my rear and other than myself and Cathe and those right there around me, nobody noticed! There was a move I just COULDN'T get and before Sat morning's step class a bunch of us were practicing it together. There will be time for you to have someone help you out with that double ricochet! And if you don't get it, it'll just all be part of the fun. I was a nervous wreck last year and have to admit that I fumbled a TON during the first step class before I hit my stride (I had literally never worked out with a group of people before!). You'll probably stumble and fumble and no one will think anything of it because they'll all be busy finding their own feet! It's really a big happy party type of atmosphere, rather than a really goal-oriented one.

You're not alone!

Hi Kathy - I'm looking forward to my first Cathe trip too, and I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one feeling that way. My guess is that if everyone who was nervous about messing up was in the back of the room it would get awfully crowded back there. So I'll probably be the one messing up monkey arms in the middle!
happy.gif
Looking forward to meeting you next month!
Joanna

We will all group together

All of us who goof can workout next to each other...really...it won't be that big of a group, just 50 or so
wink.gif
. This is so timely! I was doing 101010 this am and was giggling to myself as I did that double richochet into that mambo and messing up..hehehe...and thinking of who I'll annoy next to me on the trip! LOL...of course...I am prone to giggling in a crowd too...so, you'll know when I goof!

nancy:O)

Thanks Everybody!!

...you really have put my mind at ease. SOmetimes I get too caught up in trying to do everything perfect. I think I will just relax and concentrate on having fun.

I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you in person.

Now, I'm off to do Kickbox!!!! :):)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.