Need Help

summer

Hi Cathe,

I need help with which workouts to choose. I received your 12-pack DVD's for Christmas. I was at an intermediate to advanced level in exercising until 4 months ago, when I had a major surgery. I was given the ok to start working out a month ago, so I started walking on the treadmill and have built up to 45 min. I started the day after Christmas with Power Hour and went light - 8lb dumbbells max and 15 lbs. on the barbell. I have been alternating Power Hour one day and walking the next since then. I also have Cardio Kicks which I did yesterday (with modification), but I made it through it. I have tried Rhythmic Step twice, but I am such a left footed klutz that I only make about 20-25 mins. before I throw in the towel. I am a size 8-9 and I want to get back to my 5-6's. I think I am ready to increase the weight a couple of pounds and I was going to continue doing Power Hour for a couple of more weeks, then switch to Maximum Intensity Strength for about 3 or 4 weeks then change to another workout. After reading one post where you say to mix up the workouts for better results, another where you only work 1 bodypart per day and on the dvd's you say to use Power Hour or Slow & Heavy or any of the wt. workouts 3 times a week, I am totally confused. Which is the best way to get back in shape the quickest or what workouts do I need to be doing? I really don't have a problem area (gained pretty evenly) and I am back to my clean eating also.

Thanking you in advance for your help,
Summer

Hi Cathe,

I should have said I don't have any specific problem areas, just lost a lot of muscle tone, gained and look and feel flabby.

I guess what I am trying to ask you is what rotation should I be doing with the 12 pack dvd's & cardio kicks?

I have had cardio kicks for about a year now and I absolutely love it. I love Power Hour and I know I will love the rest, hopefully the rhythmic step dvd also. You are excellent with your cueing. I love your style. You and your crew are definitely inspirations.

Thanking you again,
Summer

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.