Neck Pain During Ab work

C

Cynthia828

Hello Cathe:

I was so excited to do your MIS workout. The tape was better than my expectations. I am very new to your workouts and so far I have done the Wedding Tape and the MIS. I loved both. However, I have a serious problem doing my ab work. My neck starts hurting so much that I have to stop doing the abs work. However, if I rest for a minute or two, I can resume. I make sure that I am using proper form, keeping my elbows back and resting my head in my hands. I have no other neck pain aside from the times I do ab work. When you say to do the imaginary bar and the arm presses, I just have to keep holding on to my neck and do the best I can. Any suggestions? Thanks, Cynthia

Hi!

I remember this coming up some time ago and Cathe suggested looking up at the ceiling instead of the wall along with all the other things you are doing. This helped me big time, although I still hold my head during the times they takes their arms out. I imagine you'll probably get stronger neck muscles as time goes on. Don't forget that Cathe's abs are very tough, and if you are just starting with her vids it may take a while to work up to it. Hope this helps!
Andrea

Thanks

Thank you for your response Andrea. I appreciate the tip. I will be sure to try that next time.

cynthia

Hi Cynthia!

It will take some time before you develop the necessary endurance to keep your arms back and your neck lifted in this position for so long. Take those breaks when you need them but try to make the breaks shorter and shorter. Eventually you should be able to get through the entire workout without any neck distractions. Good Luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.