Neck during IM

Hi and how are you? I have been doing your tapes for a year and a half and really love/hate them. I never thought I could stay in shape with something other than running but your tapes seem to be doing the trick. Too hot in Las Vegas for running and I seem to have mild hip-dysplasia (I am not a German Shepherd fortunately or I would be put-down).

I just started using Interval Max. My question for you is if I experience neck strain, do I look straight ahead or down about 45 degrees during jumps to ease the jarring? I have found that doing plyojacks ON TOP of the step, makes my whole body, knees in particular, happier.

I strategically start the dryer at the beggining of IM to go off around the 6th interval so I have to fold clothes (about a 5-minute break); then I resume the tape. You do good work!

With Kindest Regards, Ellen

Hi Ellen! Nice to hear from you. You should keep your head neutrally aligned with the spine during your jumps. As for plyo jacks, yikes, be careful. I honestly would feel better if you would modify them ON THE FLOOR! Take care!

Thanks for taking the time to answer. Your web site is getting busier and busier.

I did IM again last night and realized it was not plyo-jacks on the board; rather interval #2. No worry... I am back to doing them on the floor. I think my step is sturdier than yours. As far as the neck goes. I am going to raise the height of my TV soon. That should help. Have a great week!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.