nasty place for fat

i have this armpit/front upper chest bulge.. ewwww. my arms are ok, normal. My arms are in decent shape, bodyfat close to normal ,I have been working out 12 years, and do cardio, and of course all over strength training using Cathe (most!) Firms, Powerstrike, and throw in GHAS (cory) once a week.-- Is the fat in this partcular area genetic? I have only begun to notice it the last year or so (I am 36 yrs old)
Does anyone know of a partiicular exercise that addresses this armpit/front of upper chest by the shoulder area? More dumbell flys? Heavy/lo reps, or light/hI reps? Lying down tri pullovers? Could it be as simple as doing more push ups? I cant remember a single exercise that TARGETS THIS AREA SPECIFICALLY. Front shoulder raises dont seem to hit it either.

Help!

Hi Samanthaeve10! Yes, unless you have been lax with your diet or your fitness program, this soft tissue is generally a combination of genetics and aging but it doesn't mean it can't be firmed up. It just means that you have to work harder at keeping it firmed up. At around 35 years of age and older, this area along with the tricep area and also the area around the bra strap really tend to get to get soft due to the natural aging process in which there is a gradual loss of lean muscle mass. You can really slow this process down by kicking your workouts up a notch. I suggest gaining that muscle back by doing some intense weight training for those areas. You definitely still want to do overall weight training but one or two days a week do an additional upper body workout that includes slow push ups, fly's, and bench press work. Also clean eating and including at least on to two very intense cardio workouts along with your more moderate ones will help keep your muscles strong :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.