My wrist hurts! :-(

Jul

Cathlete
Hi Cathe & Everyone! Hoping someone can give me some suggestions about taking it easy on my wrist. I finally incorporated weights into my workout program after 15 years of strictly cardio (I thought I hated weights!) and I am very pleased with my results and I've found that I really enjoy it!
happy.gif
I use PS BBA & CST each once a week and MIS for my 3rd weight day. On PS CST I appreciate the tricep modification of putting the weight over my head and bending it behind my neck(and showing the lady doing it was SUPER helpful!)Sorry I don't know the names of all of these exercises. I am to the point that I can't do push-ups at all to work my chest. What is another exercise that I can do instead? I would like one that is different than the others presented on the tapes to keep some variation. I am so glad for this forum - I am always excited to read it each day to see what new topics are introduced!

wrist pain

I had the same problem. It was suggested, on this forum I believe, to use push-up bars. Cathe uses them on MIS I think. They take the weight off your wrists and put the pressure more on your arms. You should be able to get the bars at any sporting goods store for around $10-15.

I had a lot of trouble with push-ups before using these bars. Even little baby push-ups. Now I'm getting to the point where I can do push-ups on my toes (a few anyway) after only using them a couple of months.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.