My soreness is lasting a looooong time

Jul

Cathlete
Hi Cathe!
I've been doing your weight and cardio tapes for several years (I own them all and switch between them regularly) so I am a veteran to your tapes.

I am finding that my soreness from the Pyramid tapes (especially Lower Body) is hanging on for several days.

My question is this, I am not overly sore the next day (just a nice soreness), but it just seems to last so long. Any thoughts? I always work out 6 days a week. My current rotation is like this (although I switch around the cardio tapes):
Mon. - Pyramid Lower Body + 3 cardio segments from Cardio & Weights
Tues.- Pyramid Upper Body
Wed. - cardio
Thurs.- cardio
Fri. - a tape like Bootcamp, Circuit Max, Muscle Endurance
Sat. - cardio
Sun. - rest

Thanks so much!

Hi again Cathe!

I tried to edit my post, but it said that the editing time had expired, so I'll reply instead.

Just wanted to add that I had done Pyramid Lower Body on Mon. and by Thurs. I could still feel it in my butt. I'm not used to be sore for so long.

Once again, I'm not overly sore, it just is lasting so long.

What's the deal??:)

I just wanted to mention that my glutes were sore too, for ONE whole week after doing PLB. Especially the right side.

Danielle :7

This is so interesting! I've been sore longer, too, and haven't been able to figure it out. I'm taking this whole week off to recoup. My ham-glute tie ins just don't seem to be recovering as in the past. Vewwwy, vewwwy stwange.....
Apryl

I did Pyramid upper body on monday and found that my soreness lasted until Friday - and I am just starting to feel like I can face another workout. I thought I was lifting much lighter than Cathe's weights on the workout to "ease" into it but by day 2 my muscles were very sore. So Cathe What's the deal?

Charleen

I recommend an easy yoga tape...you won't believe how good you'll feel after doing one after those pyramids!!!

I did a lower body yoga tape on Tues, and Pilates Thurs... I'm not sure it helped, but I know it didn't hurt. The soreness is sooooo deeeeeeep into the muscle.

I've never experienced this before. I'm not a novice w/weights at all, nor w/Cathe, but the Pyramid style is new to me. I've done this workout several times, each one going slightly heavier, trying to find the right weights. This last time I think I found the perfect magic for me... It felt awesome, I kept my form....

I'm just a bit baffled. I expected soreness to some extent, but to last this long? And it's only my ham-glute tie-in, nothing else. ??? Cathe???

Mine lasted 3-4 days...it really was unlike anything I've ever had before. It was right in the outer lower part of the glutes right where it meets the hams...does that make sense? Then when that wore off my legs still felt tired and it made it tough to do cardio. Oh well, atleast it had no low ends...lol. But it made me afraid of having DOMS again so I made sure to put in yoga and lots of rest.

I'm glad that I'm not alone with this!

I am staying sore in the same place as everyone else seems to be - right where the butt meets the legs.

Cathe!:eek:

I "injured" my right forearm. (I.e. a muscle or tendon pull that is driving me crazy). I think it's from PUB. I'm forced to do Pilates only, as I can't lift anything heavy at all.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.