My 15 yr old neice wants a video

JamminX3

Cathlete
Hi Cathe. My neice came to visit for Thanksgiving and saw all my wts. and exercise gear. She started asking questions and seems really interested. I'm planning to get her a kickbox video for Christmas, but I was wondering about a wt. vid. I've read that teens shouldn't lift heavy (till they are 18 yr old.) So, what would be OK for her? I know in PH you use lighter wts. but would that still be appropriate for her? And she's a beginner. I don't have the Wedding Tape. Would that be too much?? Just right? I'm so excited about this!!!!! Robin.

Hi Robin! How exciting that your neice is becoming interested in fitness. I'm not totally sure about Power Hour. I think Power Hour would be appropriate for her if she were not a beginner. But unless someone was going to show her how to select and set up all of the equipment needed for each exercise, I think Power Hour would mentally be too overwhelming for her.

The wedding tape would be my first choice for a weight workout for a beginner. There is a 45 minute weight workout after the step aerobic portion that focuses on weight training with 3 through 8 pound handweights. The exercises do not change as quickly as they do in Power Hour and therefore, I think she would grasp the concept more easily.

Good Luck and hope all goes well.

Thanks, Cathe. The Wedding Video it is!!!!!!!!! She is the sweetest kid on the planet, and I just want her to always feel her best. Have a great evening. Robin.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.