music in Powerhour

Hi and so glad you are enjoying that song. The music was all created from scratch specifically for the video. Therefore it is not music that has titles or can be purchased anywhere. Just think, the only way to hear it now is to do that workout again ;-)!

I love the music and the back routine in PH! Just about the time I want to give up the back routine comes up...maybe that's a lie, I usually want to give up in the middle of the squat routine! PH will take awhile to grow on me just because I have never been fond of endurance workouts. But to be honest, 5 PH workouts and I could see the difference already in my arms and legs. I dont believe you mentioned any difference in what endurance workouts do to the body ( you mentioned benefits as far as performance ) but after just 5 PHs my legs look leaner and I look skinnier. Although I think you are really mean during the squats and lunges ...that back routine makes up for it! Thanks for great workouts! Hope you make another PH !

I love that song during the biceps too! The music in Power Hour is the best - loud enough to hear but soft enough to hear Cathe and soo motivating. I am hoping for Power Hour II also, I can't get enough of that tape!

I agree, the music in PH is the BEST! I remember doing the bicep section the first time thru thinking, "I'm only using a 15# bodybar????" This can't be that hard! Whoa-it's a killer bicep segment. Thank heaven for the great music at that point AND the break Cathe gives us part way thru. DH also said the first time he did it with me "This is ALL the weight we are using?" I told him, "Just wait, you'll see!" The music is what gets me thru that section. LOVE IT!!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Hi Rachel!

I'm assuming you are posting to me. My hubby struggled with 15 pounds also. (keeping in mind this is the first time he has been doing any type of weight work in years & years!) If I remember right, last week when we did the bicep part, he went up to an 18# bodybar. He actually started out lighter then me in most of the other moves! Woo-Hoo for what Cathe has done for me the past years!!! It did not take him much time at all to increase to the same poundage as me except for squats & lunges where he modifies because of a bad knee & back. Is your DH thinking of joining you? It's been fun having mine join in on the pain, I mean FUN! ;-) It's been 7 whole weeks for him and he's STILL going strong and getting STRONGER!!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: Hi Rachel!

Hi Debbie!
It's great you have him working out with you! I try to get my family interested in working out ( we are all chubs except for one real skinny one ) and haven't had much success. Last year I got them to sign up at the gym but they never went! SIGH. Now I have just given up. They keep asking me how I manage to lose the weight and I tell them to work out. But it's like talking to a brick wall. But it's the same with me when they say I should watch what I eat. I LIKE TO EAT. Otherwise the weight would have been gone ages ago!
PH has been doing strange things to me. I didn't like it the first couple of times, sometimes it makes me want to pop it out of the vcr ... but 5 workouts and I could see it working! I have lean legs already but lately I could see a cut on the outside of my quad right after PH...I have never seen that line look like that before! My shoulders look better in the front now too. I'm dying for the batwing...if I could get the batwing I would be the happiest person on earth. Marlene told me in one of the post that she got cuts from PH and it must be true!
I dont think I can manage to do PH for long though because it hurts! I'm so happy to hear I'm not the only one struggling with the 15 lb barbell bicep curls!

Hi Rachel!

Have you considered the "Tank Top Rotation"? Sounds like you are doing well in the "leg" department but want help with the upper body?? Also do you mean you want to get rid of the batwing? Isn't that the part that keeps "waving" when you stop? Ha! I think working the BIS, TRIS & SHOULDER 3X/week would help which is the "T-T-Rotation". It only works BACK, CHEST & LEGS 2X/week. Just a suggestion. I am in the same boat as you exactly. We have obesity in my family, but no one wants to workout to get rid of it. I also LOVE to eat. If it weren't for exercise, I'd be the size of a barn! :-wow Just keep at it and be the best you can be and your family will hopefully figure it out someday. BTW, I LOVE PowerHour! I have to make myself use other total body tapes. Have fun!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.