muscular butt

Melynda

Will some excercises make the rear-end larger and rounder, while others might make it longer and flatter? I've been doing your EXPRESS series for about 3 months now and have really enjoyed the excercises and learning all the coreography. My legs are looking great, but my rear-end seems to buldge-out more. Any suggestions? I use the highest level on my step, should I lower the step to reduce the "bulk" in rear-end muscles?

Thanks!

Hi Melynda! This really depends on your genetics. I would say to try lowering it and see what happens. I know many who have said that doing this has kept a lot of bulk out of their lower body. Have you tried running? That has usually helped lean out my legs in the past. Maybe it would help you in your situation. Another option would be to do less cardio per week and/or go lighter with weights on your squats and lunges. Unfortunately, you cannot change your genetics but if you find that you now have a situation that you previously did not have, the best thing to do is simply change your routine around. Find a balance of keeping the things that are providing you with favorable results and alter the things that are providing you with unfavorable results. For me personally, if I have developed too much bulk in a particular area, I need to stop working that area for a couple of weeks and let the muscle atrophy to some degree. Then I come back with either lighter weight or less workout time to that area. Good Luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.