Muscle Building/ Maintenance

Not Cathe, but for muscle building I would recommend Slow & Heavy or the Gym Styles or for a full body workout, Muscle Max. For maintenance/endurance, I would recommend Muscle Endurance or Power Hour.

Marcy

Thanks Marcy! This really helps, but I thought that Muscle Endurance was more for working muscles, and staying lean. Not so much for body building. I definalty agree with the Gym Styles and Slow & Heavy because those really isolates your muscles.

Thanks & Take Care!

~Adri;-)

Also obviously not Cathe, but Adri, and I don't want to sound mean, you're 14 and you've said you workout sometimes 3 hours a day. I think many of us here have been struggling with body and weight issues that started a bit later and we may not be able to share the kind of information you are looking for given the growing, hormonal development, and maturation that your body will still come into. I know there are many Cathe users who are also teens and can give you more solid advice, but many of us probably cannot give you a true idea of what you're looking for because we're not where you are developmentally. Your coaches should probably also have some advice for you. Again, I'm sorry if this sounds mean - I don't wish to come off that way. I wish only the best for you as you continue on your physical quests. Keep going strong.

Lorrie

"Pain is temporary - quitting lasts forever"
Candace Grasso, CC-V-6

> Thanks Marcy! This really helps, but I thought that Muscle
>Endurance was more for working muscles, and staying lean. Not
>so much for body building.

So it would be good for maintenance, but not so much for building (those are two different goals). (I'm confused by your confusion. LOL!)

I L Sass,
No, you don't sound mean, I really understand. I accually work out everday, but for a minimal of 3 hours... I know it sounds crazy, but when I work out at practice, it's 4 hours, so when I go to the gym, I'm so used to working out for hours that I do. I just like to do Cathe's workouts sometimes if I can't get to the gym on days I don't have practice. (My Mom works hard at work and I can't go to the gym alone until I'm 16, Gym roles:-( ) Anyway, I appreciate what you said anyway.

~Adri;-)

Adri,
Hi my name is Rebecca Dotson and I just turned 14 yesterday! I absolutely LOVE and ADORE cathe! My advice is don't overtrain! I kind of know where you are coming from because I am a competitive swimmer and swim 2-3 hours NONSTOP 5 days a week plus doing cathe workouts and step, kickboxing, etc. classes whenever I can squeeze them in! Also, I have a friend who used to do gymnastics and I know it is VERY demanding! I would reccomend AT LEAST 1 day off per week, (or even if you just do yoga or light cardio). Do you have Stretch Max?? That might be a good purchase for that day every week that you don't work out! :7

Trust me, I know how addicting it is!! my mom thinks I was switched at birth!! Sometimes I just can't get enough of Cathe! }( But you just have to be careful or you can get injured!

Just thought I would throw in my two cents worth!
:+ Rebecca Dotson

I Rebecca,
Thanks for giving me your opinion. it's cool talking to someone my age! I accually do have Cathe's Stretch Max DVD because as being a gymnast, or even doing other sports, you really, REALLY need to be as flexible as possible. My coaches are like "You can never be too flexible" LOL. Well, thanks for giving me your opinion. I think I'll start taking a least 1 day a week off. I know I should.

Good Luck with swimming!

~Adri;-)

Good! I am glad you have stretch max! It is actually next on my list! he he:7 Yes you coaches are right, you do need to be as flexible as possible!!

Good luck with gymnastics as well!

Rebecca Dotson

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.