Which is more effective for definition?

medieval7

Cathlete
Hi Cathe (or anyone with first-hand knowledge!)

If I had to choose between GS series, S&H, or Pure Strength (neither of which I have), what do you think is more effective for definition? I'd call myself intermediate/advanced (especially cardio-wise; I have a tough time with shoulder work and I can never finish all the reps of your pushups, if that's any indication! Thanks for whatever input sent!

Susanne

Hi Susanne! All bodies experience varied responses to varied exercises and to the ways exercises are delivered so I really can't make this decision for you. But I don't feel you can really go wrong with any of them, since they all are comprehensive programs that will deliver results. However, considering what you wrote, I will suggest either Gym Style or Pure Strength series. I think Slow & Heavy works best when used here and there for three weeks at a time verses on a regular basis due to how slow, intense, and focused it is.

Also, since you bring up push ups, I should tell you that Gym styles chest workout starts out with a high rep drop set of push ups...but don't let that deter you. Something to work up to.

Pure Strength moves at a slightly faster pace than Gym Styles if this is something that would appeal more to you.

I hope this input makes your decision a little easier :)

Cathe,

I'm so grateful for your encouragement and advice! No wonder you're the reigning Queen of health, strength and fitness!

Susanne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.