MIS

MasonK

Cathlete
Hi. Question: I am fairly new to this site and see alot of mention of MIS. What is this? Is it step? I am experiencing alot of pain in my knees -- some of you thought it was from using my step at 10 inches -- so I have lowered it now and am doing more Cardio kicks so as not to aggravate my knees further. Also, what about Circuit Max -- What's the difference between this (which looks good) and MIS?

Any input would be most appreciated.

Kathleen

Hi Kathleen!

WELCOME!!:) MIS is short for Maximum Intensity Strength. It is a strength conditioning video and does NOT contain any step. It is a great thorough workout hitting all muscle groups. Cathe uses a barbell and dumbbells. CircuitMax contains (I think)6 cycles of cardio followed by muscular endurance which uses dumbbells. I would highly recommend both tapes. Glad to hear your are taking precautions with your knees. Good Luck!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)
"If You Get The Chance To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!"

RE: Hi Kathleen!

Thanks so much. As I said -- I am fairly new to this forum and am about 9 weeks into a 5-6 day a week fitness regime. I am just staring to see (and feel) results and my knees are so pained... I have never before experienced this and it is so frustrating!!! I finally get a regime I can stick to and Boom -- a problem (but I guess I have to expect this - as I am - dare I say it - nearing 40...!). So I appreciate the input on MIS and will be purchasing that as well as the CircuitMax -- I'll keep the step lower and just really concentrate on making the most of every move for maximum results. I like the strength portion of the wedding video -- but somehow feel I need a bit more.

Thanks again.
K--

Hi Again!

Possibly, you jumped in with too much too fast?? Usually, if you back down a bit and really listen to your body, you will be fine. Trust me, you can get a wonderful workout with your step lower. Sometimes, you can actually get a better workout because you are not concentrating so much on NOT falling! Be sure and keep it very low til your knees have time to "catch-up" to the new experience. We want you dancing with us for a looong time to come!;-) I think you will be very happy with MIS after tackling the Wedding video. It is definitely a few notches higher! Enjoy your new regime but listen to those lil' aches & pains.

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)
"If You Get The Chance To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!"

RE: Hi Again!

Thanks again. and just so you don't think I'm going too too fast, I have been taking a kickboxing class once or twice a week and doing my own step a couple of times a week as well for about 6 months... It was my KB instructor who clued me in to Cathe and this website... I will mind my knees and hopefully be looking and feeling as fit as those ladies in the videos in no time! BTW, I like your quote.

K--

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.