Mastering step

StaceyF

Hi Cathe!
I am a recent "groupie" in your fitness classes at Four Seasons.The only trouble that I seem to have is with figuring out the step moves. Do your new videos cover the same moves that you do in class?If so, maybe I can practice at home and feel more confident in class...(which by the way are always AWESOME)!
From your Monday /Wednesday Groupie

Hi Stacey. Your post sounds just like me many years ago! I was a die hard high impact aerobics person, and I was so upset when my club starting putting step classes in the time slots that were most convenient for me! I thought stepping up and down instead of moving all around the floor was really stupid!

Well, I had to do something to work out so I tried a class. Boy, did I feel like a total klutz. Everyone else, of course, had been going to the step classes for a while and by the time I gave in and started going, everyone else knew what they were doing. I actually walked out of a few classes in frustration.

Well, I bought a step and a Jane Fonda video and practiced at home. Then I got a Kathy Smith tape. I started to love step, went back to the club and fit right in. Now step is my favorite. I actually got certified as an instructor and taught it for a while. Go figure!

Good luck! Don't worry. I'm sure you'll eventually catch on whether you try Cathe's tapes at home or keep trying it at the club. It's so much fun (especially with Cathe; you're very lucky to be able to take her classes 'live.')

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Sep-27-00 AT 08:00PM (Est)[/font][p]Hi Stacey! It seems funny meeting you here rather than in class. Please come up and introduce yourself next class. As for learning the steps, yes, the 8 latest tapes will have very many similar moves from class. As of right now, Circuit Max (wednesdays class)is the identical match to the video tape. But since we have the convenience of meeting face to face, please ask me after class and I would be more than happy to help you learn the moves in person:).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.