marathon training

cab0899

Cathlete
I'm going to try this question one more time.

Cathe, I'm training to run a marathon in June. I'm running 3-4 times a week and crosstraining 1-2 times/week. I enjoy using your tapes on my crosstraining days but not sure which one are the best ones to use. I have all 6 of the Intensity series, MIC, and MIS. Which tapes would you suggest using on my crosstraining days?? Thanks. Kim:+

I am new to Cathe's videos, but as a runner I would suggest interval workouts. This is where your heart rate is brought up for 30sec to 45sec and then lower the intensity for 1-30 to two min. It takes us out of our comfort zone. Making us faster runners.For crosstraining i do medecine ball. Hope i shed some light. Good Luck!

Thanks for the reply, that's what I've been doing. I've been using Imax 2, Cardio and Weights or Boot camp once a week and if I do a second day of crosstrainin I do a weight video. Kim

I ran my first marathon last month. Used Cathe tapes and Pilates for cross training. Rotated weeks of cardio (Interval Max, Cardio Kicks, Power max) with weeks of muscle endurance or strength training and shorter cardio( cross train xpress and circuit max. Along with 2-3 days of hour long pilates sessions. I am sure this is not the most effective form of training but I finished in 5 hr and 10 minutes with minimal pain;-) and kept ALL of my toe nails! :7 Felt pretty good about this since I was just using that marathon as a trial run for the one I am running in Oct. Hope this is somewhat helpful. Happy trails !!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.