Lunges w/ a foot wieght

Hey Cathe,
Itz nice talking to you again! I really enjoy your opinions, suggestions and answers:). I just have 1 question about lunges with a 3lb wieght at your foot. I recently did Legs & Glutes, and noticed that you used a 3lb weight at the heel of the foot in front to do lunges, along with wieghts in you hands to add resistance. My question is why do you put the weight at your foot? When I did it I thought it was cool, but just put of curiosity, I just wanted to know. Thanks for all your help! Your such an inspiration:D!

Take Care,

~Adri;-)

Hi there,
I'm not Cathe, but I think she adds a leg weight just to add a little extra resistance. I don't have any ankle weights or anything so I never use them but I think they just make the move a little harder.

I am abviously not Cathe but I think I know what this is for (Cathe correct me if I am wrong).

The dumbells you are holding in your hands are for added resistance and the 3 lb. heel raise is for an extra little balance challenge (which also just kicks it in a little harder when your muscles fatigue and you have that extra little balance challenge!) }( }( }(

Hope This Helps! ;)
Rebecca Dotson

The 3 pound dumbbell under your heel is to put a little more emphasis on your quad.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.