lower body frustration...help, Cathe, please!

rgi

Cathlete
Hi Cathe!

I've decided to get very serious about getting in shape and have recently kicked everything up a notch. I'm eating as clean as I possibly can - allowing myself one cheat meal on the weekends - and am currently following your 10/05 Upper Body Bliss rotation.

I've incorporated running into my program and while I'm s-l-o-w-l-y seeing lower body results I really want to find the way to get to where I want to be. I'm 5'5", 125 lbs., small framed upper body, larger butt and thighs - pear, I guess. My legs just don't seem to want to budge. My upper thighs have a "thick" look to them that I'm trying to lean out.

Any suggestions? I have all of your DVDs and am willing to do anything to get this area whipped into shape!

TIA!

HI there;

I'm not Cathe, but I wanted to put in my two bits. I feel your frustration, as this was one of the areas I have been working hard on. I am also a pear, although I'm tall (5'9") and about 135 lbs.

It has taken some work, but what I found leaned out my legs, was kickboxing and intense muscle workouts, upper and lower body. I eat mostly protein meals at night and usually alternate my cardio and muscle routines, each day. I LOVE Pyramid Lower Body and Butts & Gutts, Kick Punch and Crunch and KickMax --- all have helped my body get lean and improve the firmness in my legs.

I really hope this helps!

Ageleg -

How heavy do you go with your leg weight? I'm always afraid of my legs getting bulkier if I go too heavy and usually don't go over a 40-pound barbell with anything (squats, lunges, etc.)

Thanks for the advice!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.