Lower body

gloprez

Hi, I know that you should not work out two consecutive days of heavy weights on the upper body; but what about legs and glutes? If they are stronger (esp. in women), can you do two heavy days of lower body or should you wait one or two days between?:eek:

Your muscles, no matter how strong or where they are in your body, need recovery time. So, yes, legs need time off in between workouts rather than consecutive days. Be sure you give them a good workout, then give them a good rest for at least 48 hours.

I'm not Cathe

But, whoa nelly! My behind is smarting just reading that. I would think you still need the recovery, no matter how strong your backside is because if you work it hard enough then you would need the time for the muscles to repair. So I would say still at least one day between lower body strength training workouts.

I want to add...

Of course, you can do cardio as you feel comfortable doing while your legs are recovering. There is some debate as to whether too much cardio depletes your muscle building. I say everything in moderation where that is concerned, and also knowing your body and what works best for your body type, metabolism, goals, etc.:)

Thanks for the info. That was my next question; if I work lower body real hard one day, can I just do a regular step DVD the next? If I rest too much, I lose my momentum and get stuck on the couch and can't get off!!!:p

If your legs can handle it you can surely do step the next day. The best result that I ever had was using only the Cathe DVD's. I did a weight lifting DVD then following that with a step or kboxing DVD. It was grunt work and time consuming...but great results!

And you are SO right...it's to easy to lose momentuem!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.