Low impact

I've been waiting to see if you received any responses.I personally don't know of any, but I so prefer step... The only advise I have is:

1. go to http://www.collagevideo.com.

2.Then on the left, in the "search by keyword" type in aerobics.

3.Then in the box that shows up in the middle check "floor aerobics."

4. It will bring up all of the floor aerobic videos.

5. Look at the column for "Impact" to see if it says "Low".

For whatever it is worth, I sense that Cathe's step aerobics are just a tad bit faster than other people's. If you've only tried hers, you might want to try a different instructor, lowering your step height, and choosing basic choreography. Good luck!

Jeanne

Thanks Jeanne

I've been doing The Firm for years which has alot of low impact exercises. I was just wondering if Cathe had something like it. My Cathe videos S&H and Power Hour already arrived and I am excited to try it. Thanks again.

Jewel

When my knees are bothering me, I do all step tapes on the floor, without using a step. This could be an option for you, but the speed will still be the same... You can modify any high impact video to low impact--just take out the jump or do a move that you like.
Try videofitness.com for lots of information!
Good luck
Wendy

Hi, in response to you floor aerobics video question, I agree with the first person, collagevideo.com is a great resource, you can read other peoples reviews of the tapes before purchasing, often they just tell you, "don't waste the money!" or "great buy" which gives you some insight.
I do both step and floor, so my personal floor recommendations are:
#1 Crunch:Master Class Aerobics {you won't have more fun doing aerobics than when you do this video! I LOVE this workout, the instructor is a hoot! he's having a ball with the workout and before you know it an hour has passed and you are drenched in sweat (or at least I am!)}
#2 Kathy Smith's Kickboxing Workout is a good floor workout as well, from warm up to cool down stretch is 45min. Sounds short, but a good workout in a short time and you can modify your intensity level to suit the workout.
Sorry I don't have more, but the rest of my stuff is step! Happy shopping!

Kathy Smith's Power Step is a good low impact step tape. It has 3 sections lasting about 12 minutes each that build in intensity, but each section also has one person doing a low impact version the entire time. It's also slower paced than Cathe's tapes. (Cathe, if you're reading....your tapes are still my ultimate favorite!!)

:) Stacy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.